Director, Marketing & Partnerships, New Zealand & South Pacific
- Auckland, New Zealand
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Marketing & Partnerships, NZSP has a direct dual reporting line to both the NZSP Country Manager and the Head of Marketing AUNZSP .
The Director, Marketing & Partnerships NZSP will deliver strategic and tactical marketing value to our key clients in New Zealand and South Pacific, working closely with the NZSP leadership and NZSP client relationship management teams as well as the AU Marketing team based in Australia.
Based in Auckland, the role will bring the “best of Visa” marketing to our key clients and the Director will work cohesively with the Visa marketing community locally (AU), regionally (APAC) and globally, Client Relationship Managers, Product, Visa Consulting and MS&A teams.
- They will contribute to developing deeper client partnerships by providing strategic and tactical marketing support including marketing analysis, insight development and tactical campaign ideas and activities to assist our NZSP clients to drive Visa portfolio growth and new product adoption.
- They will work with the NZSP Client Relationship Team (and sometimes also the AU Client Relationship Teams) to invest client incentives into tailor-made joint-marketing campaigns with the objective of driving acquisition, activation, usage and retention.
- They will deliver on high quality agreed marketing programs, evaluating effectiveness and efficiency of the executed programs to continuously optimise performance.
- They will determine the best use of Visa assets (aligned with client strategies) and optimal outcomes for Visa.
- They need to manage the local contacts within the regional creative, media and partnership agencies and vendors to ensure a “client centric” view in the development and implementation of all campaigns.
Marketing Strategy & Activities:
- Develop NZSP go to market plans in close cooperation with local, regional and global stakeholders including product, Visa Consulting, Client Relationship Management and Merchant Sales & Acquiring.
- Deliver marketing insights and data capabilities to drive deeper partnerships with NZSP clients including proprietary research, studies and best practice benchmarking through the broader Visa marketing community.
- Ensure NZSP client’s marketing needs are being met through cross-functional and regional teams on insights, measurement and co-creation requirements.
- Provide an understanding and analysis of the NZSP payments industry and regulation, as well as an in-depth understanding of NZSP consumer trends and competition.
- Ensure effective in-market communication of the open commerce ecosystem narrative.
- Develop business cases specific to NZSP (but often aligned to AU) - Marketing Communication and Strategy
- Framework (MCSFs) - for key programs.
- Review implementation of NZSP marketing plans on an ongoing basis and provide guidance to external and
- internal stakeholders to ensure NZSP KPIs are achieved.
- Work with NZSP clients to drive internal staff advocacy for the Visa brand and client marketing activities.
Finance & Administration:
- Effectively manage the local contacts within the regional agency partners including Creative, Digital, Media and Partnerships/Experiential Marketing for NZSP campaigns.
- Manage NZSP marketing budget, forecasts, ATL, Digital and BTL production and media costs working with finance administration manager and team members.
- Effective and efficient usage of Visa Global marketing assets i.e. Olympics and FIFA aligned with Visa and client local market needs.
- Protect the Visa brand in NZSP by ensuring compliance with procurement, legal and financial control processes including Value in Kind (VIK), Entertainment Ticketing (VETS) and Sponsorship Asset policies.
Skills, Experience & Capabilities:
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience in a services marketing team, ideally (but not specifically) from similar industries such as Financial Services, Technology or Telecommunications.
- Demonstrated marketing strategy and campaign management, particularly for omni-channel, experiential/partnerships and digital centric campaigns.
- Identify relevant Marketing KPIs and return on investment analysis.
- Market research briefing, analysis and insight development.
- Media strategy / planning.
- Budgets & forecasting.
- Creation and then delivery of joint Visa/client objectives and marketing plans
- Projects/programs delivery
- Consistently role models Visa’s Leadership Principles
- Client satisfaction scores (measured via annual client survey)
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.