Sr. SW Test Engineer (automation)
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Software Test Team.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop Test designs and Test cases for the Issuer processing Test Engineering Organization. Perform Functional and Automated testing for Debit Processing Services applications. Should have detailed analytical skills, good understanding of testing methodologies, be able to interface directly and make decisions with staff members of Test Engineering, Product Management, Project Management, and Development Teams.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field.
* 5 or more years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience.
* General business knowledge of financial systems
* Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
* 3 plus years of strong technical experience with web applications and web services
* Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
* Experience in Browser testing, Usability testing and Accessibility testing
* Ability to write and execute SQL queries to validate data
* Experience with tools like Jira, ALM, AGM, SharePoint, Confluence.
* Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software
* Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications
* Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
* Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
* Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
* Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
* Follow Quality Control processes according to the Industry Standard practices.
* Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
* Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
* Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required.
* Design, document and track test cases in Quality Center.
* Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management and/ or QA Management.
* Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
* Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
* Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables.
* Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team