Senior Service Desk Tech - Night Shift
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access
to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Provide consistent high quality technical support for Visa Inc. Transaction Quality as well as client connectivity monitoring.
Communicate effectively throughout the incident management process to ensure that all communications are timely and accurate.
Following documented support procedures, manage each issue through resolution to meet established service levels.
Track and update all incidents in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets ticket quality standards.
Escalate incidents in a timely manner per support procedures.
Proactively monitor, recognize, analyze, isolate and/or resolve documented transaction quality and client connectivity problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
Liaisons with L2 support groups and/or development groups in the resolution of incidents.
Support project schedules and changes.
Maintain technical skills through participation in ongoing training.
Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone.
Career Level – Support/Operations
Technical staff member with hardware/software system configuration and troubleshooting skills. Includes (but is not limited to) routers, firewalls, servers, and other network hardware. Demonstrated analytical abilities in resolving routine problems within technical areas of responsibility. Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of others to prevent compromises to Visa’s business or client service level agreements.
Education / Professional Credentials
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL)
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· BS degree in Information Systems or CS
· Adept customer service background
· Visa systems exposure
· MS Office Proficiency
· IT systems, Key Controls, and compliance knowledge
· General knowledge of commercial, corporate, extranet and non-production (QA & development) networks and VOIP phone systems
Global Leadership Competencies
· Execute Seamlessly – Act with a sense of urgency to successfully complete work on time
· Execute Seamlessly – Support process improvement efforts within the department
· Execute Seamlessly – Identify what needs to be done and take appropriate action
· Model Collaboration – Proactively partner with others to achieve work goals
· Model Collaboration – Work collaboratively and be an active team member
· Document and communicate critical milestones/progress of ongoing incidents at the pre-defined time points.
· Assess accurately, and within pre-defined time periods, the impact of a critical/major system/application outage.
· Follow documented operations processes and resolution/escalation procedures.
· Resolve standard incidents within agreed timescales without escalation.
· Work on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert console and phone calls.
· Propose process/procedure improvements to better the department and services provided.
· Offer effective/sound recommendations to address repetitive issues.
· Working under supervision, this role requires the ability to determine when escalation takes place. There will be frequent reviews of work completed and specific instruction provided, usually in the form of written procedures.
· The scope and variety of this role is wide, but within a highly structured setting.
The Visa Command Center is a 24x7, critical operations Command Center. Working a 12-hour/alternating shift schedule (2 days on / 2 days off type scenario); which requires working weekends and holidays. Overtime work may be required at times.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.