Sr Software Engineer -Full Stack, Data Product Development
- Austin, TX, USA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network can processes over 60,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa customers trust us with the richest data on earth about global commerce. Working on data at Visa is unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation with data as a critical differentiator.
We offer you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry and unleash the power of data through working with data scientists building applications to solve business problems.
This position is for a highly motivated full stack computer engineer who has a strong desire to join our excellent team of data scientist and engineers in developing critical applications and services to unleash the power of data. You will be an integral part of the Data Science product development team, sometimes investigating new requirements and design and sometimes refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our end customers. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. Almost all of our application development work is orchestrated utilizing agile methodology.
· Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
· Contribute in delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development including:
o Engagement in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
o Collaboration and alignment with architects and senior technologists on architecture and design
o Providing solid cost estimates for effort and time
o Creating design documentation
o Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
o Facilitating code reviews with team members and third party vendors.
o The review and assessment of impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
o Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
· Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
· Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
· MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· Extensive experience in developing Java/J2EE applications, and experience in using Java Web Application framework such as Spring, Spring Data JPA & Spring Security.
· Hands-on with Hadoop Stack - at least some of Hive, MapReduce, Spark and Kakfa is required.
· Experience with source control, bug tracking, build and deployment tools such as JIRA, Git, Maven, Jenkins, and Artifactory desired
· Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and experience with database client tools with databases like Oracle and MySQL.
· Experience with web services standards and related technologies (Xml, JSON, Rest, and Soap).
· Strong analytical skills coupled with excellent problem solving ability.
· Motivated and/or experienced in test-driven development and test automation.
· Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
· Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.