Director - Payment Systems Risk
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with and possibly manage remote teams
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
• Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
• Hire and retain world class talents to deliver data platform projects.
Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development; collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 3 of which were in leading engineering teams
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of end to end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Extensive experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, Rest, XML, databases, no-SQL, .NET, Java and ETL tools
Big data and other open source experience.
- Payment processing background desirable but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.