Business Development Analyst - Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to thrive and benefit from the largest global payment network.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA), the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our VCA teams offers:
- Consulting services customized to the needs of Visa client’s business objectives and strategy
- Business and economic insights and perspectives that impact business and investment decisions
- Self-service digital solutions Visa clients can leverage to improve performance in product, marketing and operations
- Proven data-driven marketing strategies to increase clients’ ROI
Visa is looking for an individual to join our consulting and analytics practice and play a key role delivering high impact projects with primarily focus in Argentina, as well as other South Cone markets including Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay. The potential candidate will proactively engage with Visa clients (including issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors, fintechs), by delivering and implementing projects and solutions with issuers, acquirers and merchants. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and unique business partner.
Potential engagements could include portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, assessments of digital product and marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps, optimizing client customer servicing processes and overall economics and profitability, among others.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Contribute to closing engagement by identifying potential opportunities with clients
- Produce insights and analytics to improve client performance, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities
- Transform and analyze large data sets (industry and Visa) to determine meaningful insights and recommendations for clients
- Build new solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
- Ensure implementation of consulting projects with clients, following-up key measures and impact of recommendations through KPIs
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, sales, risk, innovation) and across global/regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
Incumbents applying for the role should be self-motivated, highly analytic individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to support client’s growth and performance. Candidates must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
Bachelor's degree required MBA or other relevant Master's degree preferred (eg: Statistics, Computer Science, and Engineering).
- 2 to 4 years of management or business consulting (with relevant industry experience in financial services/payment), retail banking/cards management experience
- Experience in retail banking, payments, financial services, and/or technology industries a plus; strong interest in the future of payments a must.
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, Apache Spark, SAS, through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling large data sets, transforming data / analysis to a business language
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas based on data driven approach in order to improve current business practices within Visa
- Excellent project management and organizational and presentational skills.
- Strong Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
Great team player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.