Business Development Manager
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is responsible for developing account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts and win new accounts in Argentina. Also will lead accounts for assigned clients, providing overall support, strategic direction, products and services as well as brand orientation.
- Execute short and long-term strategic plans for clients and market. Ensure that such plans adhere to Visa mission statement of increasing clients’ profitability, strengthening the partnership within them, and also being in agreement with Visa Inc. overall strategy
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Identify new business opportunities for Visa offering of Visa Products and solutions for assigned clients
- Develop and execute a set of objectives and goals for assigned client to increase client's Visa sales volume, profitability and providing dynamic and proactive product support and customer service
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to Regional Management for approval
- View new business opportunities, analyzing client’s profiles, products’ profile as well as their strategic moments, with the purpose of offering adequate products to the needs of the partners and increasing their business volume with Visa
- Work with clients on ways to maximize profitability by offering advice on the development of target markets, product development, advertising, marketing and product mix
- Responsible for increasing the Visa products total penetration percentage of the client’s portfolio
- Evaluate competitive actions with respect to assigned clients and recommend appropriate action
- Coordinate with the Marketing team actions to strengthen the brand in the countries under responsibility
- Increase the participation of VISA in the way of payment business through negotiation with new markets, prospects and other companies
- Monitor the competitors’ activities, fusions, acquisitions
- Maintain close contact with all Visa’s areas in order to search for solutions for the most critical problems, as well as to follow best practices that could be offered and applied to the clients and the market
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience in sales and account management in the financial services industry or retail industry
- Knowledge of Latin America and Caribbean Region
- Strong knowledge base of the payment industry
- Negotiation Skills
- Bilingual English and Spanish (proficient verbal and written)
- Excellent sales, account management, presentation and strategic planning skills
- Leadership skills and sound business judgment
- Analytical skills (ability to identify tendencies, forecasts etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to interact with several teams simultaneously)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Detailed and numbers oriented
- Candidate must have the ability to travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.