Innovation and Strategic Design Manager
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Innovation and Strategic Design Manager for Mexico Innovation Studio is an experienced specialist in strategic design and innovation design methodologies that enables the core of Visa’s Innovation process. Skills include conducting primary research, designing client and internal session plans, understanding business challenges, facilitating the ideation of solutions, drafting product/services concepts, applying validation techniques and supporting workshop moderation.
- Use human-centered design to problem solving which starts with the needs, wants and limitations of people and ends with innovative solutions that meet those needs and wants.
Foster and bring innovation, products and solutions that connect consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments, enabling them to use electronic payments instead of cash and checks.
Collaborate with local financial institutions, merchants, governments, non-governmental organizations and the fintech community to provide tailored solutions to meet their varied needs
Go to market faster, with shorter development cycles, and be more agile in our processes.
2. Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
• Lead the Design User Experiences that are delightful and engaging
• Understand and advocate for the consumer's experience
• Manage Innovation Studio materials (technical resources, tools), generate and customize tools (physical and digital; templates, wireframes, visual designs, style guides, pattern libraries, inspiration materials)
• Lead design research and user testing; manage agencies and resources; analyze results and generate valuable insights.
• Create interactive prototypes for demonstration purposes
• Digitalize engagement materials and generate deliverables.
• Create quick mockups and sketches
• Present design concepts to Visa’s partners and clients
• Design and create presentations and templates
• Collect information for the innovation repository (observatory, trends, cases, maps)
• Support workshop moderation with Visa’s partners and clients
• Prepare engagement sessions, logistics and deployment
3. Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
We are going through a transformation where we put innovation and the consumer experience at the center of our efforts. We have shifted our focus and now work side by side with our clients and partners to create the next generation of payment solutions that are more directly aligned with the marketplace and solve real-world problems.
This evolution of our role leads us to think less about specific products and more about the payment capabilities that we offer, and about how our partners can leverage them to create the best consumer experiences.
Considering this, Visa requires the internal capacity to tackle strategic opportunities through innovation. This position is key to accelerate the process and conduct it in an effective and timely manner. Also, this position will help the Innovation team depend less on external agencies.
4. Decision Making & Complexity
Position is expected to decide over tactical matters for which he / she is responsible for and escalate the ones that require management involvement.
5. Financial & Organizational Scope
Manager will have several internal and external relationships to address the opportunity.
1) Internal: Innovation team in Miami and other Innovation Studios (globally), Products, Sales, Merchants, Marketing, Consulting,
2) External: Issuers, Merchants, and other Visa partner’s key stakeholder. Agencies, consultants, and the innovation and design ecosystem.
6. Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Reports to Innovation Senior Director
- Interacts externally with vendors and Visa clients, as well as the innovation ecosystem
- Interacts internally with local Product, Sales, Marketing, Merchants, Corporate Communications teams in different levels.
7. Key Competencies
- Advanced design software skills
- Research skills
- Project planning / management
- Ecosystem knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
8. Required Experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Years Experience: 5+
Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
- Proven experience corporate innovation
- Flexible and creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions, manage uncertainty
- Strong analytical ability to perceive trends, opportunities
- Strong written and in-person communication skills, including ability to develop business requirements, stakeholder documents, and other key communications
- Ability to manage and work well within complex, cross-functional teams
- Fluent in English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
9. Preferred Experience
Preferred Education: Graduate School/MBA
Preferred Years Experience: 5+
Preferred Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
- Experience in the payments industry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.