Sr. Director - DPD Marketing Systems PMO Lead
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Data Product Development group is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa's data assets and deliver value added information products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Marketing Services, Marketing Systems, Business Solutions, Fraud and Authentication and Payment Systems Risk. The portfolio comprises of over 90 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business. We provide services on behalf of traditional bank customers to millions of cardholders and merchants around the world.
The DPD Program and Business Management team ensures high quality deliverables, consistent project/program/business management processes, governance and coordination. Additionally, the team drives agility / performance efficiencies by managing processes including portfolio, budget, workforce, and communications management. This position will report to the Vice President of the Program and Business Management and lead a team of project managers to drive successful product delivery.
Candidates will have exceptional organizational skills, exemplary written and verbal communication, be an analytical and structured thinker, and a creative problem solver with significant experience in program management and software solution delivery. The position is based in the Austin office.
- Program management oversight for a portfolio of complex and high-profile programs with a budget of $20M.
- Provide resource plans, budget tracking and forecasting. Manage team to achieve target scope, schedule and cost.
- Manage the professional development and growth of direct reports. Coaching for a high degree of performance and creating a culture of achievement.
- Drive coordination and results with business and technology sponsors in developing product roadmaps which align to business objectives and sequenced by priority and resource availability.
- Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce documentation needed for funding approvals.
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts among programs / projects across the portfolio. Raise issues and risks and drive resolution or mitigation.
- Working closely with Product and Technology teams implement process improvements to gain efficiencies.
- Responsible for all executive reporting for the portfolio.
- Ensure that all programs and projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project portfolio progress and financial status.
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical discipline. MBA is a plus.
- An established project / program management leader with financial and budget management experience in a product delivery environment.
- Proficiency in software development methodologies and best practices. Hands-on experience with Agile frameworks like SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban.
- Direct management of project / program managers and experience with coaching for success
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills in a global environment with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills for effective communication with multiple organizational levels.
- Strong leadership, enthusiasm, and accountability with high attention to detail and quality for all work products.
- Entrepreneurial and flexible, strategic thinker who can balance strategy with detailed, flawless execution.
- Intellectual curiosity, thrives in fast-paced environments, and has natural ability to form partnerships and collaborate.
- Expert in the use of program and business management tools.
- PMP and CSM certifications are required.
- Financial services and card payments experience is a plus. Knowledge of Visa's financial practices and technology processes is a plus but not required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.