Sr. Staff Software Engineer (Commercial Cards - B2B Services)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Business Solutions - B2B Services group is part of Data & Product Development division in Visa’s Technology organization and is responsible for designing, developing and implementing Value Added Information Products and Services for Visa’s Commercial line of business globally. We develop, support and maintain various Commercial platforms including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and data warehousing and BI platforms. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. The successful candidate will be a Development Lead level Software Engineer
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Design, Code, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
• Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing B2B applications codebase
• Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
• Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution
• Business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
• Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
• Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
• Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation of online and data based applications
• Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions
• Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution.
• Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
• Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
• Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
• Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
• Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
• Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
• Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
• Work closely with project team and other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Ops, Engineering)
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 12 years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 10 years of Software Development Experience.
- You have proven experience leading design and development of large scale Information products and services using Java/J2EE technologies
- You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- You are proficient in Struts, Spring, Hibernate and SQL
- You are proficient in GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins
- You are experienced in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platforms is preferred
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar,JUnit, PowerMock.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the
task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- Passion for Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop,
• You are able to solve complex software development/design issues
• Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
• You are passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one’s own deliverables and team deliverables
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
• Past experience in Payment industry and Commercial Card solutions is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.