Business Development Manager
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of business development strategy to:
- Increase revenues from existing accounts and win new accounts;
- Increase PV numbers from existing accounts and win new accounts;
- Increase the Client Satisfaction rating.
- Support the implementation of Visa’s country and functional strategies.
- Relationship management to a group of assigned accounts and support senior business team with of existing and new accounts.
- Working closely with Marketing and Product, you will be responsible for supporting and implementing the marketing and product development of:
- New product penetration within current and new accounts or;
- Expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts.
- Directly supporting Senior Business Development Leader on their areas of responsibility.
Key Result Areas
- Identifying potential new clients to launch Visa’s payment products and programs. Manage these accounts from the initial pitch to their public launch.
- Manage business relationships with existing clients to ensure that Visa is the association of choice and deriving a larger part of their business for Visa.
- Co-ordinate Visa’s support and services across various functional areas i.e. Client services, brand / marketing, acceptance, risk and product management groups to deliver added-value to client banks.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase level of engagement with the working teams for key accounts in Singapore.
- Work with the bank’s stakeholders / product managers to plan and execute the launch of a new product.
- Work on deal incentive structure for key accounts.
- Secure new mandates for and launches of various Visa products and services.
- Responsible for account planning and submission of product propositions to client for consideration.
- Recommend strategy and negotiating of clients deals.
- Establishing/facilitation of alliances between bank and relevant partners (e.g. Fintech solution providers).
- Coordinating across functional groups within Visa and prioritizing resources to maximize productivity and returns on investment.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan.
Singapore market coverage
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Management with 8 years of experience
- More than 2 years of proven sales and relationship management experience within a similar or relevant industry would be desirable
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently and able to work collaboratively with a variety of team members including cross-geographies teams at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess high learning agility
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Good in Financial Budgeting and Project Management
- Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Good business acumen and analytical skills
- Knowledge of payments systems and the cards industry
- Product positioning and marketing skills
- Account management skills
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good business consultation and influencing skills
- Proficient in MS Office with good PC knowledge
- Resourceful (ability to leverage own network to look for information and solutions)
- Knowledge of the payments space and business models
- Experience in sales/business development/account management
- Result orientated team player
- Flexibility and openness in terms of attitude and work load will be a crucial attribute
- Positive enthusiasm but with an understanding of the business context is an important characteristic