Staff SW Engineer - Frontend
- Singapore, Singapore
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Senior Software Engineer – Web UI development
The Loyalty Product Solutions team is part of Visa's Data group. Our mission is to enable technology and solutions to manage marketing and loyalty programs that help increase transaction volumes for Issuers, merchants, helping them to grow their business with solutions that enable issuers, acquirers and merchants of all sizes to deliver targeted offers and rewards to Visa cardholders.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. This position reports to a Director of Visa Loyalty Programs in Singapore and will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will be a Staff Software Engineer in the Loyalty applications area.
· Build and deliver elegant, responsive and sophisticated front end web applications that provide awesome user experiences
· Rapid prototyping with code, using modern front-end libraries/frameworks and a digital pattern library
· Breaking new ground, researching and implementing innovative web techniques and features in solving for business initiatives.
· Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API and communicating with external web services
· BS/MS in computer science from a reputed university.
· Experience with one or more popular modern JS frameworks such as Angular2 , ReactorJS, Bootstrap, JQuery, MomentJS to build self-contained reusable and testable modules and components
· Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and REST APIs with AJAX.
· Experience with user interfaces, cross-browser support, scripting, web accessibility standards, design standards, and cross-platform issues
· Experience with grunt, gulp, sass
· Experience with test frameworks like Selenium, Karma, Jasmine
· Knowledge of coding in Java/Scala
· Familiarity in scripting with at least one language (Perl/python/shell script).
· Expert in data structure, algorithm and passion for solving hard problems.
· Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies.
· Be dynamic, fast working and absolutely reliable, capable of working under tight schedules