Employee & Social Impact Communications Manager
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role will provide vital support to the Employee Communication, Employer Brand, Social Impact & Social Media team within the AP Hub team, leading the development and flawless execution of its communication initiatives.
Employee engagement is the key to achieving our global goal of Developing Best Talent. In this role, the applicant will work with the AP leadership team and key functions including HR, Corporate Real Estate, Compliance and Legal to create and deliver innovative employee programs that help the team feel that their work at Visa has a meaningful impact on our business as well as on the communities in which we operate, fostering a sense of purpose and team. The role is responsible for developing employee messages and communications across the business and supporting employee communication strategies in local markets. It also oversees quarterly all-staff broadcasts to the AP regional team of approximately 4,500 employees. The applicant will also oversee aspects of regional president communication including content for annual regional meetings and other strategic initiatives.
Social Impact is a key driver of Visa’s reputation. In this role the applicant will work closely with the VP of Social Impact in AP to develop and execute internal and external communication plans to promote our work in this area with regulators, clients, and influencers in addition to employees in all levels within Visa. It is vital for the applicant to demonstrate knowledge and capability in helping local business teams as well as communication teams engage stakeholders and reinforce Visa’s long-term commitment to developing local businesses, economies, and communities.
- Day-to-day employee communication support
- Executive communication including organisational announcements and all-staff meetings
- HR communication support
- Social Impact communication (internal and external)
- Functional employee communication counsel (functions will still be responsible for managing their own development/distribution)
- Market employee communication support
- The right candidate will have 8+ years of experience in communication (agency and/or in-house) and a relevant university degree
- Knowledge of social and digital communication channels
- Outgoing and intellectually curious
- Able to build a large network of colleagues across functions and geographies
- Creative, solution-oriented problem solving
- Exceptional written and spoken English; other Asian languages a plus
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office programs
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills a plus
- Understanding of the technical aspects of social media channel engagement