Manager, Corporate Communications
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Manager, Corporate Communication will:
- Support strategic communication programs support Visa’s Asia Pacific product, innovation, B2B and merchant initiatives, with a particular focus on innovation and small & mid-sized enterprise (SMEs) projects
- Support strategic communication programs for Visa Asia Pacific data analytics initiatives
- Develop external and client-facing communication materials around key product, innovation, B2B, merchant and data analytics initiatives, work closely with business stakeholders to ensure materials are kept up-to-date
- Working with comms colleagues and AP leaders, ensure content of key stakeholder forums (especially product, innovation and merchant forums) are messaged appropriately and reflect business objectives;
- Strategically support in-market teams to provide information, manage issues and develop content; this excludes tactical support or implementation of market-based client events.
- With a hub responsibility (Asia Pacific) to markets, the function will:
- Support development and implementation of multi-stakeholder communication programs in Asia Pacific for product, innovation, B2B and merchant platforms
- Strategic communication support for Singapore Innovation Centre, working closely with Product and Innovation teams
- Lead communication support for SME segment of Business Solutions
- Manage content/message development for external communication activities driven by Singapore (hub) business teams
- Take the lead in maintaining consistent, current communication materials for key strategic initiatives
- Support executives as required re: message development, presentation delivery and guidance around appropriate materials for external use
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept fully informed of breaking issues and how to discuss them; and
- Ensure clear measurement of activity to demonstrate value.
- 8+ years of professional experience required
- Payments and banking experience/knowledge preferable
- Curious about business challenges and keen to build commercial acumen
- Able to build a large network of colleagues and work with different personalities
- Technology experience/knowledge
- MS Office competence
- MS PowerPoint skills
- Strength in digital communication channels
- Strong writer and communicator
- Able to prioritise multiple responsibilities
- Hands-on approach to delivering excellence
- Actively promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity of thought
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully
- Proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases when making decisions.
- Keeps clients’ needs at the forefront of priorities and takes action to provide high quality solutions/services that exceed their expectations.
- Adapt and recognise the appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative input required to make an informed decision, particularly when prompt action is required.
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating.
- Show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information.
- Quickly adapt to multiple changing work demands and priorities by adjusting style and tactics to fit the new circumstances.
- Quickly recover from setbacks or failure by viewing as a lesson learned and trying again.
Digital / Innovation
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to existing processes or ways of doing business with internal or external clients.
- Innovate quickly to create results when new, relevant information surfaces.
- Digital savvy – applying your knowledge to the way you work
- Stay current and up-to-date with latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills, and education