Sr. Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Network Software Engineering team is responsible for creating a platform to operate the network reliably and at scale. As a Senior Member of the team, you will have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep the Visa network running smoothly by building a networking monitoring platform. You will be architecting and implementing solutions that will automate configuring, monitoring and processing alerts of network resources and also will be building web apps to support self-service for users to configure, monitor and manage network resources. Your solution will focus on exposing network hardware as APIs to configure, monitor and automate as much as possible in order to improve the overall efficiency and reliability of our Network operations and monitoring. You will also ensure that network is available and efficient by monitoring network performance, automating procedures for coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and monitoring, alerting and remediating to network connectivity issues. Visa's network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see
if this will be a good fit.
· A Masters degree in engineering, computer science, or related field.
· Should be a leader with strong focus on delivering the projects and get hands dirty doing SDLC tasks.
· Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
· Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
· Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
· Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
· Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication
· 12+ years of hands on software development experience.
· Should have experience in architecting responsive websites using technologies Angular, React, Bootstrap, Ajax, etc.
· Should have experience in building web services using Authentication and Authorization (Spring AOP, Spring Security).
· Should have 3 - 5 years of experience in using ORM frameworks(Hibernate, Doctrine, Eclipse Link, Mongoose).
· 5+ years of experience in building and consuming REST API's in Java, python and/or Java Script.
· 5+ years of experience in using Python/Node/GO to expose Network Resources As A Service.
· Strong experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a Network Automation environment.
· Good Understanding of Relation DB concepts, Stored Procedures for Relational Databases.
· Working Experience with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB or Elastic Search or TSDB).
· 2+ years of experience with integrating TICK stack components and alternatives (Prometheus, Graphana, Bosun).
· Experience with configuring and managing Web Servers(Apache, Tomcat, nginix), app servers(Glass Fish).
· Deep knowledge of Network as a Service (NaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
· Good understanding of networking and infrastructure architecture.
· Basic Troubleshooting skills in the realm of Layer 2 to Layer 7.
Good To have
· Familiar with security protocols(HTTP/HTTPS, SSL,TLS,Encryption,PKI).
· Understanding of Network protocols: Ethernet, TCP/UDP/IP, VLAN, VXLAN, ICMP, SNMP, BGP, OSPF etc.
· Understanding of Authentication and authorization (LDAP, single sign on, AAA, RADIUS).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.