Senior Staff Research Scientist, Blockchain - Visa Research
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
- Develop deep understanding of the Blockchain technology and provide guidance on the use case studies and pilots of Blockchain
- Design innovative algorithms and solutions to advance the Blockchain technology with better scalability and higher performance
- Design innovative algorithms and solutions to advance the Blockchain technology with better privacy and auditing capabilities
- Develop prototype implementation and conduct experimental studies of different Blockchain technologies
- Develop and maintain technical documentations for patent disclosure and scientific publication
- 4+ years of industry research experience
- PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field with a focus on blockchain.
- Strong track record in research publications and impact in the research community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate.
- Demonstrated research project/program management experience is a plus.
- Experience in payments or related industry is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.