Senior Fraud Operations Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Senior Risk Operations Analyst is a high visibility and demanding role, responsible for the detection and disruption of fraud events identified by the Risk Operations Center- a key component of Global Risk's Payment Fraud Disruption organization. This position is responsible for identification and mitigation to any payments based attack affecting Visa’s clients or brand. Payment Fraud Disruption is a fast-paced team of technology experts who identify, investigate, disrupt, and prevent attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring, alert development, incident review, escalation, and documentation of alerts. This position reports to the Senior Director of the Risk Operations Center.
Note: This position requires shift work.
· Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
· The ability to support early identification of common points of purchase through intelligence and compromised payment card reporting, rapid response, triage and analysis of technical forensic investigation reports and ability to conduct cyber analysis of investigation reports
· Analyze compromised payment card data from multiple reporting sources in order to identify compromised points of purchase
· Detail oriented problem solver - monitor and respond to a wide variety of proprietary Visa solutions used to identify potential fraud and risk based activity that may be impactful to Visa and its clients
· Ensure incidents are escalated to the proper support teams for validation and mitigation based on the identification of possible threats
· Determine opportunities for incident handling improvements and increase operational efficacy
· Coordinate incident handling with regional Risk groups and take decisive action on events, alerts etc.
· Assess impact accurately of a critical/major incident and author communication for distribution to appropriate recipients within set periods with guidance
· Serve as a Global Risk Subject Matter Expert on various Visa fraud alerting platforms
· Develop key metrics that drive innovation and development for the Risk Operations Center. In addition, the position will be responsible for ensuring goals related to these metrics are met.
· Create detailed reports on internal incident response measures of success
· Collaborate with the Visa teams and clients during fraud events to provide real time status and data driven decision making
· Self-driven individual who can multitask and complete varying risk projects
· Proactively identify risk opportunities that increase the brand awareness of Visa to its clients and stakeholders
· Collaborate with Payment Systems Intelligence to recognize and implement measures to identify and disrupt new fraud and cybercrime threats to the payments ecosystem and communicate them to relevant stakeholders
· Provide and oversee technical analysis support to the Global Risk organization to protect the payment ecosystem
· Identify and recommend process improvements, system enhancements, and procedural changes to increase operational efficiencies and data quality
· 8+ years of experience in payment card fraud or cybersecurity industry, payment card investigations, cybercrime fraud and/or ethical hacking
· Proven experience collaborating in a team within a 24x7 Operations Center
· Passion for fraud schemes and cybercrime investigations
· Knowledge of transactions, systems processing transactions, and overall transaction process
· Understanding of networks, risk management, network security, digital forensics, and security operations
· Prior experience with data analytics, visualization tools and concepts
· Ability to be on call outside scheduled hours, to include weekends and holidays to major fraud events
· Understanding of payments process, cybercrime, and fraud techniques
· Design reports with meaningful trends and fraud stats
· Direct experience with VisaNet, ISO 8583, transaction routing, VCMS, Base I and Base II platforms
· Familiarity with intelligence databases and analytical tools or similar intelligence reporting systems
· Analysis of cyber threat intelligence and fraud intelligence
· Undergraduate degree or commensurate experience required, graduate degree preferred
· CISSP, CHFI, CEH, GIAC certifications
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.