Associate Manager - Data Center
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data Center Engineering and Operations (DCE&O) team provides critical IT infrastructure facilities for the world’s top payment processing company. We seek to enable Visa’s compute, network, and storage disciplines to perform without interruption and afford them with the scalability to deploy new, innovative technologies and support growth of our services. We also provide our clients with the highest level of service, security, redundancy and monitoring.
The mission of DCE&O, which includes Data center Facilities, Hardware Network Installations Support, Tape & Media Operations & Asset Management, is to provide first class uninterruptible service to its partners and customers in a timely and professional manner. DCE&O will enhance and establish processes, create standard infrastructure and hardware procedures across all data centers, define new metrics, install automated reporting tools and ensure staff participation in training opportunities to enhance skill sets. This position will report to Senior Director of Data Center Engineering and Operations.
The position will be responsible for but not limited to providing day-to-day management of the data center with Mechanical & Electrical Support, Network Installation Support, Cabling Infrastructure Support and Asset Management Support. This position will also be a point of contact between Data Center provider and Visa team to successfully manage and meet Visa Standards and Service Level Agreement.
- Manage data center staff supporting all hardware platforms and associated cabling systems employed in the Visa Data Center Co-Location spaces.
- Responsible for day to day task assignment and prioritization for the team
- Define efficient process flows to ensure teams deliver high quality output while increasing efficiency
- Provide 24/7 hour support for problem diagnosis of Mainframe, Open Systems and SAN Storage Hardware and Cabling Infrastructure.
- Work with the installation planning team members to coordinate installation of hardware, network hardware and cabling systems.
- Actively participate in project meetings and sizing requests for the installation of hardware and cabling infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning, installation, relocation, reconfiguration, and de-installation of servers, network, storage systems and peripherals and copper/ fiber cabling infrastructure in Visa critical 24/7 data centers.
- Perform moves, adds and changes of hardware and cabling infrastructure in the Data Center environments.
- Develop, implement, conduct, oversee and document preventative maintenance plan and routine maintenance of critical Data Center systems
- Support the Hardware Asset Management function by: tracking hardware assets throughout their lifecycle according to Visa documented processes and procedures, supporting hardware projects and inventories, improving data quality, assisting in key analytical reporting, and serving the enterprise by managing the hardware asset requests.
- Provide updates of the physical layout of equipment and cabling infrastructure utilizing Data Center Information management tools (DCIM)
- Create planning diagrams of proposed hardware configurations as needed for installation and maintenance purposes, assist in requesting quotes for maintenance and document process and procedures and ensure that all possible infrastructure scenarios are addressed and solutions are documented
- Work with data center provider vendors along with electrical & mechanical vendors as well as network/ hardware providers by performing capacity planning and implementation
- Manage and track incident and change management in lieu with Visa internal guidelines
- Serve as escalation point to facilities, network, open systems, and large systems engineering and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level support groups
- Participate and perform governance related policies, procedures, key controls, etc.
- On Call 24 X 7 Support
- Provide leadership to a team on managing goals, processes and performance initiatives that align with Visa HR practices
Successful Candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent job experience
- Must have a successful track record of working in a 24/7 critical Data Center environment with a minimum of 7 years of experience working hands on with hardware network and cabling systems in a Data Center environment.
- Proven track record of managing technical data center staff
- Strong knowledge of TIA-942 standards and BICSI best practices; must have working knowledge of CAT6a, Multi-Mode and Single Mode OM4 characteristics and limitation for data transmission and receive and insertion lost.
- Strong knowledge of IP networks and network topologies and experience with fiber and copper cabling systems installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of government and regulatory requirements as it pertains to facility and network/ cabling infrastructure
- Strong technical and functional knowledge of data center and/or lab infrastructure to include electrical and mechanical systems, fire detection and protection systems, building management systems, equipment maintenance, space planning, construction of critical facilities environments.
- Experience with network hardware installation, troubleshooting and decommissioning
- Knowledge of any Ticketing System (BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.) required
- Experience with asset management and documenting data center equipment and peripherals within DCIM systems
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Visio, SharePoint skills
- Candidate must be driven, self-motivated, and a strong team leader
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English with effective presentation skills
- Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate cross-organization projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Requires occasional weekends and after hours work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.