Associate Business Development Manager (East Coast, Location Flexible)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This Associate Business Development role is within the sales function. This role is responsible for developing account strategies to increase revenues from existing accounts along with ensuring implementation of annual sales goals and plans. Qualified candidates will show an ability to quickly build relationships internally and within their territory while also demonstrating a desire and capability to excel in other sales roles within the organization.
The role can be based in any of our East Coast Locations - Charlotte, NC or Wilmington, DE.
- Develop and execute customized territory plans to increase sales volume and market share within financial institutions in the region.
- Create new sales and revenue generating opportunities as appropriate
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products and services
- Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the Client’s business objectives are met and that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Continuously review payment landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing Visa’s issuer business
- Provide operational or technical leadership within sales
- Ensure implementation of annual goals and plans
- Foster productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Institution’s business including payment strategy across all product platforms
- Participate in sales meetings and training activities
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products and services, including EFT processing services
- Typically requires a minimum of 1 to 3 years business experience including sales and/or relationship management (Credit Union/Community Bank expereince preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Willingness to learn and execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products and services
- Ability to develop, lead and close complex competitive sales efforts.
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence and ability to effectively create and deliver presentations to all audiences up to the executive levels
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships
- Ability to negotiate business agreements and enhance existing and new relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance and an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.