Senior Director, Technical Sales Lead, Visa Direct
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are hiring a senior technical sales lead to speed adoption of Visa Direct, a high-growth and global solution for businesses and consumers to be receive funds quickly. You will work with a charter to Create the Future as part of the North America Merchant Sales & Acquiring team, which offers Visa solutions that simplify, secure and expand digital payments. This role reports to the Vice President, New Solution Sales.
The senior technical sales lead role owns responsibility for winning adoption of Visa Direct by merchant and partner decision-makers. This role is a key contributor to the NA Merchant’s team success by articulating the business and technical effectiveness of Visa Direct as part of a client buying cycle.
To accomplish this objective, the job covers responsibility to:
- Lead technical and business solution discussions with merchants and partners
- Team well with Visa colleagues to engage key decision makers at merchants and partners to understand their business objectives and needs while articulating technical requirements and business benefits to win agreements for Visa Direct
- Own responsibility for achieving business and sales objectives for Visa Direct across a portfolio of strategic merchant and partner relationships
- Make compelling presentations to customers, write outstanding proposals and engagement plans to accelerate decisions, discover critical insights for effective solution selling, and win business while enhancing and growing merchant satisfaction with Visa’s and partner value-added solutions
- Develop strong professional relationships with counterparts in Visa, merchant organizations, and third party enabling partners as a trusted advisor on business and technical considerations of Visa Direct
- Build up a repeatable engagement practice for providing solution content and technical advice and consulting to field teams selling Visa Direct
- Contribute as appropriate to the negotiation and close of agreements covering commercial terms and conditions
- Forecast completely and accurately current pipeline of business
- Review and update account plans owned by senior account executives, ensuring alignment of solutions with needs of the vertical teams and incorporating strategies and content from external and internal stakeholders including teammates from marketing, integration and product and third-party partners.
- Represent client's interest and needs internally within Visa through demonstrating an understanding of client's objectives, strategies/key initiatives, underlying business philosophy, financial model, and key players
- Update Visa leadership on account activities and performance.
- Work closely and effectively with key internal Visa organizations, including regional and global executives, finance, legal, product, marketing and other members of Merchant Sales and Acquiring organization
· Minimum 5-7 years of experience in client-facing role as a technical sales lead or consulting services sales lead. Strong consideration given for recent experience as a sales engineer or solution architect role in digital payments, financial services software, or enterprise software and services. Individuals without recent client-facing technical sales experience will not be considered qualified for this role.
· Outstanding personal and leadership strengths – with a track record that shows strengths working collaboratively and effectively with others to win new business
- Evidence of writing, speaking, presenting and solution development and sales skills
· Evidence of technical expertise in digital payments and disbursements, enterprise solution design and architecture principles, and an understanding of enterprise systems for money movement
· Proven track record of successful technical sales and relationship management with success working with senior level executives in client organizations as part of a complex buying cycle
· Proven ability to lead technical and partner team members as part of a deal team
· Completion of a four-year undergraduate degree required, with additional consideration given for an advanced technical or business degree
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, mastery of productivity tools in Salesforce, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and relevant solution design tools
· Willingness to travel in line with client and team needs with an expectation of approximately 40% each week
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.