Manager Solutions Architect
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The incumbent in this role will evaluate solution opportunities with key partners and fintech clients.
- The candidate will be responsible for development of domestic solutions as well as adapting global solutions/platforms to meet market requirements.
- The candidate will be required to carry out market assessment to identify needs/gaps and working closely with s stakeholders, within Visa and with other key industry players, lead the creation of solutions with a consumer-first mindset.
- The role holder will also serve as the face for Visa in interactions with many external stakeholders, such as eCommerce companies, processors, mobile network operators, chip and handset suppliers, payment gateway providers, etc.
- The right candidate must possess solid technical and functional understanding of payment systems, protocols and frameworks, and this must be balanced with business acumen and commercial instincts.
- Familiarity with technologies and systems used in payments, mobile and e-commerce; specifically, in areas of 3-D Secure, EMV, authentication, NFC, tokenization, remote payments, money transfers and push payments as also a working knowledge of system interconnection methods (APIs, SDKs, ISO messages etc.).
- The candidate must also have strong coordination and project management skills so as to be able to effectively deliver on large cross-functional projects working with colleagues and partners across multiple geographies and time zones.
You will be charged with design and development of digital solutions and will be empowered to consultatively make decisions relating to solution architecture, deployment of resources and funds, adjustment of project timelines and delivery plans.
Solution Design. Working hand-in-hand with colleagues from other functional areas the role holder must be a catalyst for development of new solutions leveraging Visa’s and external platform capabilities:
Program Management and Deployment. Program manage solution design and development working with internal and external stakeholders. Develop and track against detailed project plans with timely management reporting and escalation to ensure timely delivery
- Engineering and/or business degree preferred – masters advantageous.
- 8-10yrs years working experience likely – with experience in payments/commerce in digital product development, solution design, system integration
- Fluent in English
- Solid knowledge of payment technologies with an engineering thinking mindset
- Familiarity with payment systems (switches, gateways, directories etc.) and architectures
- Understanding of mobile payment and e-commerce platforms, services, and commercial models
- Curiosity and keenness to develop an understanding of new technologies, payment business models and profitability drivers
- Good internal and external stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Should be comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management at clients, Visa and other partners
- Excellent inter-personal skills (including cross-cultural sensitivity / adaptability).
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Solid communication skills – both written and spoken
- Strong appreciation of technology and trends to be able to demonstrate thought leadership
- Self-motivated, results driven, flexible, customer focused.
- Should be a strong team-player
- Ability and experience of work in a multi-cultural, matrix environment is required
- Driven, self-starter