Staff Software Engineer - Java/Hadoop, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data organization develops and manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through Internal and client-focused information-based services. The successful candidate will be a Senior Software Engineer in the Data as a Service organization. The primary responsibility would be to design, develop, test and support new, existing application software in the Big Data platform using Java, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, PIG and other big data technologies.
- Analyze and develop new applications.
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop and debugging routines and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Develop application test procedures and best practice standards.
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Create comprehensive test plans and clearly articulated test cases, utilizing various testing methods (black box; white box, performance testing; automation).
- Develop automated test scripts to support regression test efforts.
- Identify data patterns and trends to help detect anomalies.
- Setup data simulations to test against a wide variety of application conditions.
- Become a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities.
- Ensure quality of services are near 100% defect free and services work in production to support uptime SLA of each program
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Hive, Pig scripts, Sqoop, Ab Initio or Talend or any other ETL tool on Linux/Unix environment
- Big data, No SQL database experience
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
- Experience with automation of job execution, validation and compares of the data files on hadoop env at field level is a plus
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for QA challenges and constraints
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
- Certified Hadoop Developer status preferred.
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.