Staff Software Engineer - Java/Hadoop
- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Data organization develops and manages end-to-end technology solutions that create value from our enterprise data through Internal and client-focused information-based services. The successful candidate will be a Senior Software Engineer in the Data as a Service organization. The primary responsibility would be to design, develop, test and support new, existing application software in the Big Data platform using Java, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, PIG and other big data technologies.
- Analyze and develop new applications.
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop and debugging routines and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Develop application test procedures and best practice standards.
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Create comprehensive test plans and clearly articulated test cases, utilizing various testing methods (black box; white box, performance testing; automation).
- Develop automated test scripts to support regression test efforts.
- Identify data patterns and trends to help detect anomalies.
- Setup data simulations to test against a wide variety of application conditions.
- Become a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities.
- Ensure quality of services are near 100% defect free and services work in production to support uptime SLA of each program
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Hive, Pig scripts, Sqoop, Ab Initio or Talend or any other ETL tool on Linux/Unix environment
- Big data, No SQL database experience
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
- Experience with automation of job execution, validation and compares of the data files on hadoop env at field level is a plus
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for QA challenges and constraints
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
- Certified Hadoop Developer status preferred.
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.