- Bengaluru, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
System Analyst-Java Technology
Roles & Responsibilities
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team – you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, performing the code deployment in Production and Client testing environment, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must
- Very Good knowledge on Oracle and Mongo Database along with SQL.
-UNIX Shell scripting/ PowerShell or Any other scripting knowledge is mandatory.
- Should be having Knowledge on IBM MQ and WAS concept.
- Understanding the Java programming language and work on experience is more value add.
- Experience in supporting systems that run on Linux Environment.
- Understanding of core networking concepts such as Routing, Protocols, Subnets, DNS.
- Experience with web-related technologies including Apache, Tomcat / IIS etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups.
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or Computer Science or a related degree.
- Good communication skill and ability to work as team player.
- Basic knowledge on Kafka, Spark and Hadoop cluster from Operations perspective is a plus.