Director, Test Engineering (REF15352T) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
As the leader of the test engineering team, based in San Francisco Bay Area, you must have extensive experience in successfully applying agile/scrum methodology to lead the development and execution of software test plans. This role requires expert technical skills, including the ability to create, document and execute test strategies and test plans as well as strong leadership skills. In addition, this role will facilitate internal/external communication between the development team and Acceptance Test stakeholders, as well as validate that the development team adheres to established Agile Testing methodologies and processes. The successful candidate will define and build the test engineering function for Real-time Payments (RTP – an ambitious, hstrategic and high visibility initiative.
· Lead and manage a distributed Test Engineeringteam leveraging the expertise of the staff and integrating activities; s/he will serve as key liaison between business, project management, and technical development staff to ensure that business colleagues' requirements meet specifications and quality standards.
· Collaborate and consult with business leaders in other parts of the program to ensure that a given project's objectives are aligned with quality standards, strategies, and goals.
· Handle routine daily activities such as logistics, coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, budgeting, purchasing, planning, delivery, quality, customer/vendor relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency and other services.
· Lead the efforts of Test Engineeringprofessionals, with matrix management responsibilities for resources in remote locations; set clear, aligned goals and direction; delegate and provide candid feedback and coaching to maximize team competency.
· Have a minimum of 10 years of software Quality Management experience, primarily in leadership roles.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
· Be a dynamic leader who has directly managed software testing and Test Engineeringteams of 6 or more.
· Have a track record of success in leading a world-class Test Engineeringgroup in a retail or financial institution.
· 8+ years of strong technical competency and experience with web applications and web services
· Demonstrate a record of success in leading multidisciplinary projects/initiatives that represent highly complex organizational issues with broad technical and strategic initiatives that have a tangible impact on the organization.
· Deep understanding of Scrum software development methodology with practices including continuous integration and test driven development
· Knowledge of secure development and testing practices including the use of tools such as AppScan and VeraCode.
· Understand software development and IT infrastructure environments and associated standards and processes, including but not limited to: Release Management, IT Change Control, Technology Auditing, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
· Have implemented standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that met quantifiable business objectives.
· Have had significant experience managing remote/offshore resources.
· Have relevant experience managing in a matrix organization and demonstrate success in overseeing large project implementations through cross-functional teams.
· Must have experience with automation tools like Junit, TestNG, Selenium RC/WebDriver
· Experience creating data driven tests to validate API calls in large J2EE n-tier architectures
· Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents
· Experience in creating/designing automation frameworks for functional / regression testing
· Strong experience in database technologies and large scale data processing environments
· Good knowledge on static analysis and code coverage tools
· Familiarity with tools such as Rake, Rspec, Cucumber, Selenium or similar tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.