Manager, Strategic Analytics
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Manager, Strategic Analytics, Global Marketing
Visa Inc. Global Marketing & Communications is searching for a Manager to join our Global Business Analytics team. The selected candidate will support numerous aspects of strategic analytics, marketing measurement, insight generation, and building data products, tools and capabilities that serve Visa marketers.
Visa has a unique and strategic advantage as the global payments leader. Our goal is to be the most creative and impactful data-led marketer in the world. We are on a journey to develop our data, capabilities and agency ecosystem to bring more effective and efficient business results to Visa. As part of this journey we are transforming our systems, capabilities, organization and processes.
The Business Analytics team is responsible for campaign measurement, data management, and strategic analytics on behalf of Global Marketing. This remit includes leveraging the best available data and analysis to (i) develop recommendations on critical investments, (ii) inform strategic decisions; (iii) and assess the effectiveness of campaigns.
Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Analytics for Global Marketing, this role will:
- Spend 30% of time on product management of automated marketing data solutions that support planning, strategy and measurement with a focus on data consolidation, automation and delivery
- Spend 70% of time on developing approaches for solving challenging, ambiguous business questions facing Visa’s marketing function
- Collaborate with cross-functional and regional stakeholders to collect and validate business requirements and analyze data to develop actionable business insights and recommendations
- Create presentations that communicate a succinct and compelling business story and drive decisions
- Synthesize results and insights from marketing campaigns layering to major global initiatives
- Partner with data scientists to develop analysis and craft materials communicating results
- Provide thought leadership and manage data platform and analytical projects end-to-end
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an analytical role
- An undergraduate degree in economics, business, finance, marketing, mathematics/statistics, or related field preferred
- You have a data analytics background with a demonstrated ability to translate business needs into creative and engaging output. Working knowledge of Hadoop and writing queries and reports
- You are comfortable with quantitative analysis / modeling
- 3+ years of experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large-scale data transformation using Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies
- You are proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, and reporting tools and technologies such as Tableau, DOMO, Qlikview, Google Analytics, etc
- Excellent communicator, particularly in translating data-driven insights into business implications
- Passion for both the analytical rigor and creativity inherent in the discipline of marketing
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.