Director, Visa Direct Platform - Strategy and Innovation
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person to person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more. In order to offer ubiquitous reach in key global markets, Visa Direct will evolve to support payments through real-time payments, ACH schemes and other digital stores of value.
The Director, Visa Direct Platform - Strategy and Innovation will be responsible for helping define and communicate our global product strategy to Extend Reach of Visa Direct. In addition to planning the strategy, the role with define a product roadmap and drive the initial launch of key initiatives that support the strategy.
In order to move quickly enough to capture the market opportunity, Visa Direct will pursue a number of strategic bets with an emphasis on delivering Minimal Viable Product (MVP) solutions. These MVPs will form the basis of an iterative learning process to determine where to invest more extensively or redirect to other more promising opportunities. MVPs may include integration with vendors, formation of joint ventures, targeted acquisitions or internally built services.
Within the Visa Direct team, the role will partner with the Core Platform, Merchant Payments Platform, Strategic Partner Solutions, Regional Commercialization, Global Go To Market teams and senior leadership to coordinate activities toward delivering results.
This will be a client/partner-facing and broad-reaching leadership role so organizational savvy, interpersonal and negotiation skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa (corporate strategy, technology, sales, marketing, pricing, legal, risk, etc.) and with leaders from some of our largest partners (Amazon, Facebook, Uber, PayPal, Braintree, Adyen, Stripe, etc.). Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in payments with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Identify and assess options for Visa to participate broadly in alternative payment methods in key markets around the globe
- Onboard vendors or execute partnerships to enable go to market MVPs for alternative payments
- Coordinate the design of a platform framework to enable dynamic routing, processing, risk assessment and exception handling of alternative payments
- Partner with internal stakeholders (Treasury, Risk, Compliance, AML, Legal, Privacy) to review product strategy and gain alignment
- Collaborate with Regional Commercialization teams to identify partners to launch pilots and validate the business model. Coordinate launches and establish repeatable processes for regional teams to scale.
- In partnership with regional commercialization, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships, Corporate Strategy and the Strategic Partner Solutions team, work with Visa’s largest and most innovative partners to find and evaluate non-traditional approaches to address key product gaps/opportunities
- Proven leader with a track record for successfully launching or transforming complex, global platforms.
- 6+ years of experience, including at least 4 years of experience in payments product management.
- Knowledge of predominant payment schemes in strategic markets, i.e. ACH, RTP, SWIFT, Cards, Digital Wallets.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on outcomes.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results.
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader.
- Ability to inspire and influence those without direct management responsibility.
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way.
- Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving.
- Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.