Senior Technical Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
CyberSource, a Visa company, is the leading payment management company focused on eCommerce. The company serves over 450,000 online merchants, including many leading global brands as well as a broad base of small to mid-sized accounts. Approximately 1 out of every 4 dollars spent online in North America is processed through CyberSource, and we are growing worldwide. CyberSource is a payment management service leader, combining a comprehensive suite of global payment options with sophisticated fraud and security management, delivered in a software-as-a-service model.
The Senior Technical Product Manager will have the responsibility to implement the strategy for CyberSource’s Product within CyberSource’s Core Payments Team. They will lead the definition of technical requirements and the development of the product roadmap to support CyberSource’s Acquirer, Partner, Merchant and Portfolio business. Detailed responsibilities enumerated below.
Analyze specifications of processors, card networks, point of sale systems and terminal hardware and provide thought leadership, drive business architecture and finally translate those to specific requirements for CyberSource.
- Define end to end solution to enable new payment methods, new partner integrations in different markets. Identify dependencies on other products to deliver a complete end to end solution. Define and implement strategy for building new integrations with payments processor in different markets.
Contribute to the development of the overall product strategy & the product roadmap for payment processing to support market expansion. Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to expand the capabilities that are aligned with business strategy.
Work closely with Product line owners, partners and engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/ business feature requirements.
Participate and sign off in product demo. Ensure product features are well understood and implemented as requested.
Actively prioritize product backlog and participate in release/Sprint planning ceremonies.
- Define, monitor and measure product metrics and KPIs, incorporate learnings into product definition and development process
- Continuously evolve and improve the product by incorporating feedback, and based on user testing, experimentation, data and analytics
The candidate will have most of the qualifications below.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field, with a minimum of 12+ years of experience in Payments Product Management. Deep understanding and hands on experience with card present messaging, scheme rules, mandates and integration protocols with gateways and processors.
- Proven ability to manage complex products and projects through various, often competing priorities, constraints and requirements. Experience creating value proposition definition, product differentiation, cost/benefit analysis, and executive presentations.
- Understanding of the technical aspects behind product features and functionalities. Ability to craft, define and deploy omni-channel solutions for merchants.
Experience with Point of Sale Solutions, in terms of strategy, building a roadmap, project execution and rollout.Domain experience in key point-of-sale verticals (e.g. restaurants, retail, services) and multi-channel payments across, mobile, eCommerce, face to face.
Hardware experience – solid understanding of devices, terminal application management & deployment, security and PCI compliance, operational aspects, familiarity with various POS systems and related integration methodologies. Experience bringing EMV certified devices to market with specific processors in a multi-channel environment and be well versed with the evolving use cases in retail. A keen understanding of terminal applications and terminal management, terminal fleet management interfaces (device ordering and delivery, device configuration and management, and device support).
Experience with hierarchy and portfolio management in the payments industry, or merchant experience.
- Adept in Agile development methodologies
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple parties to deliver a product. Creative spark – in product innovation, product management, and finding ways to get things done
- Demonstrated strength at building relationships, highly motivated, strong sense of urgency, ability to motivate others
Excellent written and oral communication skills with a flair for getting people excited
Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and reporting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.