Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City, vn
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Business Group Overview
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The Asia Pacific Consulting Practice applies deep expertise in the payments industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth and improve profitability. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as marketing, strategic growth, profitability, digital payments and risk.
The Visa Consulting & Analytics Manager will undertake consulting engagements for Visa clients for Vietnam and Cambodia markets, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability in clients’ credit and debit payment card business.
Potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, development of industry landscape evaluations and best practices, and optimizing client customer experience and supporting processes.
Working with the Senior Director and collaborating with other team members in VCA and Visa Asia Pacific, the Director will draw on their deep domain knowledge and expertise to provide recommendations to clients, work that will enable enduring, strategic relationships with our clients.
• Identify and surface opportunities for client projects and submit for inclusion into plans.
• Design performance solutions to client requirements, striving for innovative and
• efficient approaches.
• Undertake client projects, including project road mapping, client interviewing,
• analytical review of inputs, structuring of recommendations, report writing.
• Bring deep subject matter expertise to bear in undertaking engagements such as portfolio strategy, portfolio diagnostics, and Acquisition and Loyalty program health checks.
• Create, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardized VCA offerings
• Conceive and brief to the Analytics team projects including segmentation, propensity models, and other intelligent targeting solutions.
• Defining the scope, understanding clients objectives, framing the problem or
• Collecting and analyzing input such as client information, interviews, data, processes,policies, competitive and environmental information
• Synthesizing analysis to determine gaps, issues, opportunities
• Identifying solutions such as strategies, tactics or programs of activity
• Recommending approaches, providing guidance and at times physically supporting implementation at the client site
• Facilitate meetings and workshops as an element of client engagements, to enable creative problem solving and/or transfer domain knowledge, helping clients to realize project objectives across multiple client teams/functions.
• Foster partnership with other internal functional areas, ensuring alignment of
• opportunities and recommendations particularly with product functionality and
• Where employee is a subject matter expert, provide knowledge sharing, coaching and training across functional teams and/or regions.
You will have gained a variety of experience in the payments industry, including card issuing, and be passionate about an aspect that you have gained deeper expertise in, be it loyalty, product, credit risk, operations or another vertical. You will comfortably pivot from strategy development to program execution. Whilst you will work closely with the Senior Director to frame client engagements, you will confidently take the lead in client interactions
Specific requirements are:
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
• analytical rigor
• Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, able to work effectively in matrixed organization
• Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
• Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
• Confident meeting and facilitation skills
• Ability to negotiate with senior executives
• Intellectual versatility, able to traverse domain topics
• Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
In addition, you will have:
- Language skills – English and Vietnamese written and verbal skills.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in retail banking, card issuing or consulting to retail banks
- Some consulting experience preferred with project management and/or process re engineering credentials helpful
- Experience in payment card portfolio management and cardholder marketing
- Understanding of card issuers’ P&L and critical factors
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Be very detail oriented, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Confident meeting and workshop facilitation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong academic credentials, with relevant undergraduate degree and MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Willingness to travel (30%)
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.