Director, Digital Partnerships – ISV’s and Platforms, Asia Pacific
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is responsible for leading Visa’s partner relationships across our markets in Asia Pacific, to deepen and expand our partnerships with regional and global ISV’s and other technology platforms. The objective is to identify and jointly engage with merchants in specialized verticals. Examples of partnerships include: Adobe, SAP, IBM, Oracle, Salesforce and Shopify among others. Examples of target merchants include: online marketplaces, digital platforms (i.e. gig economy), digital wallets and other related digital leaders in their respective categories.
You will work closely with the CyberSource and Visa teams across Asia Pacific and globally to identify the partners and to size the opportunities per market and then assemble a virtual team (squad) to lead and execute all aspects of the engagement.
You will be measured on your direct contribution to the overall performance of the Visa business – measures including: transaction and payment volumes, customer success KPI’s and NPS, overall revenues and growth targets based on an agreed portfolio - targeting strategic domestic and multi-national customers.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of strategy and targeting for the nominated partner segments for new volumes across Asia Pacific
- Managing key ISV partnerships across Asia Pacific, along with integrating with global teams who manage these relationships globally
- Leading matrixed teams in marketing plans, prospecting, qualifying, sales execution in targeted accounts
- Planning and forecasting volumes and revenues against targets and budgets.
- Utilising key metrics to track and measure the effort and success of the Digital Specialised Sales’ uplift to Visa in-country volumes and financial performance
- Working with partners to identify and win new merchants / platform clients for use of our online payment processing, fraud management solutions and ancillary products – working with key target merchants in supporting them in their growth objectives
- Be the principal point of contact of Visa/CyberSource in Asia Pacific, focusing on acquiring new merchant / platform customers to create sustainable long-term relationships with key enterprise customers (merchants).
- Lead a x-functional team to demonstrate in-depth CyberSource / Visa Digital Acceptance product and service knowledge, with the ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell and maximize revenue in each client portfolio.
- Build and maintain your own e-Commerce subject matter expertise, pro-actively engaged across the payments industry to retain relevant skills and knowledge within the team and help uplift the overall Visa team skills/knowledge in the various AP countries
- Leverage your industry knowledge and personal sphere of influence along with internal Visa resources and structured marketing programs to ensure all internal stakeholders are appropriately engaged to ensure successful sale and implementation of key opportunities.
- Proactively manage internal stakeholders to ensure customer interactions are well considered and positioned to deliver added-value and represent Visa CyberSource in a credible way in the AP region.
- Demonstrate deep financial and strategic insight into customers, and a clear understanding of customers’ e-commerce strategies, utilising industry knowledge and product insight to build and deliver against a long-term client strategy, aligned to Visa’s objectives in various markets and across the AP region.
- Have a high degree of “figure it out” factor, and self-sufficiency, while also reporting into management regularly and provides timely updates on both Pipeline and Forecasts for all product lines and services of opportunities in-flight.
- Work closely with Visa in-country teams to collaborate and proactively update CRM to ensure accurate data is available and sales activity is recorded; to set the standard for best practice in sales administration for other team members.
- Negotiate pricing and discounts as well as contractual terms within set parameters, and use best judgement to navigate internal processes for business cases and approvals.
- Build and maintain relationships with global counterparts to drive a collaboration culture in which best practice is shared and work with global colleagues on joint projects and global merchant relations where required
- Results focused, must have team leadership and deep relationship management experience in a solution-based e-commerce environment in Asia Pacific
- You are a natural born leader, the role models the right behaviours to instill a culture of success and discipline to setup the right depth of engagement and cadence with your accounts to deliver a strong focus on driving customer growth metrics
- You will have extensive payments industry knowledge and be contemporary with the latest issues in Digital payments, technology and local regulations
- Digital, analytical, objectivity, drive, enthusiasm, leadership, and creativity are key attributes
- Strategically driven leader with hands-on mentality; curiosity and lifelong learning is part of your DNA
- Senior, experienced people leader with 10+ years of ecommerce / digital payments experience in the Asia Pacific market
- Outstanding communication skills - English (oral and written). Fluency in regional language preferable
- Multinational experience and willingness to travel within the region
- Experienced in using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, to ensure new business activities are visible to a broad range of stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience working in the FinTech & technology or payments industry focusing on an e-commerce technology service delivery
- Experience of cross-functional collaboration/deployment between technical service delivery, support, product & commercial teams
- Deep knowledge of merchant systems and payment gateway products and services
- Solidly entrenched in the acquirer community with a wide relationship network
- Innovation driven: up-to-date with latest payments trends, champion bold ideas and new ways of doing things, ask challenging and stretching questions
- Open communication: actively promote environment of inclusion and diversity of thought, proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases, honest and direct communication
- Solution focused: connect the dots and leverage Visa best practices, unafraid to make timely decisions in ambiguous, high pressure situations, quick to adapt / recover and reset priorities in changing circumstances