Lead Software Engineer - Platform as a Service (PaaS), Data Platform
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is a hands-on role building and maintaining applications built using the Hadoop ecosystem on large datasets. You will be collaborating with partners from business and technology organizations, developing key deliverables aligning with the Data Platform Strategy and roadmap.
- Responsible for the delivery of software solutions using Big Data and/or Open source technologies
- Design, develop, document and implement new tools and services
- Develop code that follows established coding guidelines and Visa security standards
- Enhance, modify, and debug existing software
- Apply and follow best software development practices
- Deliver projects within budget and deadlines
- Mentor junior team members of the team
- Evaluate and introduce technology tools and processes to drive efficiency
- New project sizing and SME support
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters will be highly regarded
- 7+ years development experience, 5+ years with one or more of Hive, Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Hive, Pig, YARN, MapReduce, HBase and Kafka big data technologies
- Experience in designing, implementing, optimization and operating systems dealing with Big Data.
- Experience with open source tools and modules for automation of testing, integration, configuration management & deployment.
- Worked in Agile development environments
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas and to document in a clear and concise way
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.