Director, Data Platform Technical Program Management
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The payment industry is evolving at a rapid pace with new innovations and platforms launching on a near daily basis. Given the strong demands and innovation, this is a very exciting area for the foreseeable future. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry and is leading a fast paced technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform team is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services that drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform Department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use. Hence the Data Platform team enables Visa to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The department maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients.
Our Data Platform is growing fast and the pace of change is accelerating. We deeply care that in the midst of internal growth our platform and services remain secure, stable and dependable for our customers and partners.
As the PMO leader for our Bangalore team, you’ll drive our platform forward as you build out our PMO in Bangalore. You should be comfortable leading teams, coaching and developing others. You anticipate risks and negotiate trade-offs, and are both technical and process focused.
In this role, you will work with all areas of the organization to deliver against our strategy while simultaneously managing the day-to-day aspects of your portfolio. You will also hire and manage a team of Program Managers and Scrum Masters.
We collaborate with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. To achieve this, we continuously reflect, learn, and commit to develop our platform, our processes, and our people.
Do you wonder why, what-if, and why not? Do you seek simple solutions to complex problems? Are you naturally curious and a voracious learner? Are you a magnet to responsibility?
We want you to come join our team!
You love transformation, developing people, process, products and organizations.
- Collaboratively lead technology teams to deliver successful programs.
- Drive a continuous focus on developing automation to replace repeatable, operational tasks.
- Proactively, assertively and creatively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering against program objectives.
- Work with partner teams to insure ownership and accountability of technical project planning and delivery for infrastructure build out programs.
- Coach across teams and senior leaders throughout the software development process with Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices.
- Implement required phase gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile mindset.
You are an engaging leader who supports others' growth and development, while inspiring them to go beyond in their performance.
- You are a curious leader, who challenges the status quo, boldly and respectfully taking risks and advocating for changes that benefit the entire company.
- You are a relationship builder committed to both internal and external partnerships.
- You have 12+ years of experience, with strong focus on engineering project/program management, 3+ years as a people manager, working with technical teams developing enterprise class software applications and a Bachelor Degree in an engineering discipline, or significant hands-on software development experience with results.
- You have strong experience in all phases of software development and a MBA is desirable.
- You have strong experience in driving software engineering practices and as a part of your management repertoire you have thorough understanding of the tools & techniques needed to drive data based project management.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure processes and lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Experience with some Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Impala, Kafka, Hive, etc) and Java.
- Understanding of technologies and products required to bring monitoring solutions to market at scale.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a global matrix management environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.