Sr. Director TPM
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
Sr. Director – Technical Product Management (TPM)
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, and execution/delivery. The RTP team is looking for a seasoned TPM leader who is passionate about building scalable, secure and highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will work with product partners, clients and industry leaders to define and design next generation of Visa’s payment network. The position is based out of Bangalore, India.
The role requires, dealing with ambiguity and constantly shaping requirements in a fast-changing space by engaging in technical and functional discussions with many teams and continuous engagement with product managers and clients across a range of Visa’s new and existing products.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 15 years of technical product management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction, highly available online payment environment would be a plus. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner and able to pick up new domain quickly.
Accountabilities - General:
· Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, and cross-division coordination.
· Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, and driving execution using agile methodologies.
· Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs and influencing design and priority appropriately.
· Partner with Product Management to define the roadmap working with the product and engineering teams.
· Work closely with the engineers and contribute to the development of design artifacts and Quality Assurance test plans
· Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, and Hackathons
· Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure on-time/quality delivery
· 15 or more years of relevant experience in technical product management
· Proven track record in shaping new solutions in emerging markets and delivering scalable platforms
· Strong analytical and technical skills.
· Proven managerial skill with leading teams across geographies
· Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, with ability to organize and motivate work across multiple team boundaries
· Proven track record of shipping product in time.
· Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development and user acceptance testing efforts
· Excellent communication skills at all organizational levels.
· Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
· Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.