Manager, UK Government and Regulatory Affairs - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Manager, UK Government and Regulatory Affairs, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Supporting development and implementation of the regulatory and public affairs strategy, including contribution to research and analysis, policy development, external and internal engagement programmes.
- Monitoring the regulatory and political landscape the UK for threats and opportunities to Visa’s business, and communicating this intelligence to locally-based business leaders, functional colleagues and global management.
- Supporting management of Visa’s relationships with officials at key government and regulatory organisations, including regular direct communications with lawmakers, government officials, regulators, and policy makers, to enhance Visa’s reputation and competitive position.
- Contributing to the development of informative and engaging stakeholder communications about the value of Visa and the payments industry in general, in full alignment with business priorities and global branding.
- Recommending and supporting external engagement and contributing to the management of Visa’s relationships with industry associations, business trade associations, lobbying groups and civil society organizations in the UK.
- Supporting senior executives at external engagements, including preparation of materials.
What we’re after…
- Mid level experience in relevant corporate position; in-house team/regulatory/ government agency; prominent consultancy;
- Proven strategic advocacy and communications skills;
- Good inter-personal and presenting abilities;
- Strong digital services and/or technology interest: knowledge of the payment industry is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken communication abilities;
- Ability to act independently and flexibly within a multi-disciplinary team;
- A relevant degree, or equivalent professional experience, in Law, Politics or Economics is desirable, but not essential.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.