Lead Software Engineer (REF15262J) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa's Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
As a Lead Software Engineer within DDP you will form an integral role in the development, test, and deployment of complex solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars who understand the challenges in the development and test cycles and are passionate about solving some of these challenges systematically and efficiently.
- Be a senior member of a highly skilled team seeking systematic approaches to improve engineering productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
- Pioneer innovative solutions to eliminate or reduce pain points and frictions throughout the entire SDLC.
- Design effective systematic engineering and test approaches. Lead root cause analysis and produce long term strategic solution and short term tactical solution.
- Implement best-fit automation framework
- Write utilities / automation tools using various technologies
- Drive the metrics to adequately report achievement / improvements.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven-track record within a technical lead/architect role to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems. Payment processing experience is a big plus.
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results.
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Experienced configuring and managing Jenkins.
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and work with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream.
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in software engineering. Experience may substitute for degree requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.