Pricing Analyst – Global Interchange Compliance
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Analyst will support or lead work streams on projects related to Visa Inc.'s interchange strategy and/or broader corporate initiatives, including collaborating with business lines across functional areas. Specific projects will vary greatly in sponsor, business or strategic focus, depth, and stakeholder served, ranging from broad coordination efforts across multiple functional areas to focused special assignments for senior management that are of particular high strategic importance to Visa Inc.
The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve business problems, and quickly arrive at recommendations that drive corporate priorities.
The Analyst will report to the Director of Global Interchange, and will be based at Visa's offices in Foster City, California.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support compliance and reporting systems within global interchange and compliance team.
- Be able to use multiple tools and data platforms to access Visa´s transactional databases to assess a broad set of quantitative and qualitative issues and synthesize this information from large datasets into meaningful insights.
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams to be able to identify data needs and be able to suggest ways of optimizing existing or developing new process to solve corporate business problems.
- Support streams on projects related to Visa Inc.’s interchange compliance, pricing strategy and/or broader corporate initiatives, including collaborating with business lines across Regional and Functional areas.
- 2-4 years Relevant work experience. Experience in data analyst, reporting, software engineering or systems architecture-related occupation is a plus
- Self-motivated and be willing to utilize and learn new technology to solve problems.
- Ability to perform under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment to drive results.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and ability to establish effective partnerships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Hands on experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other MS Office suite applications.
- Knowledge of Access/SQL/Hadoop/HUE or relevant Big Data technologies is a strong plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.