Business Development Merchant Director, Merchant Sales & Solutions
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Business Group Overview
The Business Leader Merchant Director has the responsibility for managing Visa’s Merchant Sales and Solutions (MS&S) strategic team in Southern Cone. ( Merchant and CyberSource Managers) His / Her primary focus will be managing our Acceptance Plan and deepening Visa’s relationship with key strategic merchants and acquirers and broadening Visa’s footprint across all channels, including face to face, online and mobile.
The Merchant Director will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of Key Merchant Clients in the Southern Cone and is also responsible for the strategy of targeting this key merchants by verticals and is owner of end to end relation with the client. This role is key to our Merchant portfolio growth and development in the region.
He/ She will be in charge of the relationship with the clients with special attention to
improve the use and adoption of our ecommerce payments, fraud and payment
security solutions to be the primary point-of-contact and trusted advisor to
This is a direct client-facing role.
He / She needs to be a proven leader in sales and client management portfolio.
Position will be located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The role is required to work in conjunction with the LAC Hub and Global MSS Organization to learn and transfer best practice learning to support the implementation of merchant initiatives in Southern Cone. The role must establish and foster strong relationships with both external and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff.
1. Increase Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) in traditional and emerging merchant segments and global/local strategic merchants
2. Serve as the primary relationship manager for key strategic merchants
3. Drive digitization led growth, with a focus on contactless acceptance, ecommerce and QR
Drive cross border amplification, by increasing card acceptance in key tourist destinations at selected Merchant Categories
4. Develop greater awareness and support of merchant acquiring and direct relationships with key merchants
5. Participate in the development of merchant development activities
1. Lead the strategic team for Merchants and CyberSource to achieve the Southen Cone annual targets.
2. Drive Visa’s acceptance strategy in digitization led growth, with an added focus of increasing card acceptance in key merchants in the region
3. Actively promote best practices, education and sales efforts with merchants and clients related to Visa Acceptance.
4. Successfully translate strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts with other key Visa ´s team in Merchants and CyberSource.
5. Establish and foster relationships with clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff
6. Ensure a sound and healthy working relationship with the key merchants and payment intermediaries in the region in both traditional and new merchant segments.
1. Experience: at least 15+ years and relevant experience in Merchant Business, Fintech developments, financial intitutions and retail business
2. Understanding of the payments business
3. Proven ability to deploy, mentor and manage business development
4. Working knowledge of payments network and processing service
5. Knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services
6. Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed business development quotas in payment industry or technology services, or related industries
7. Sales and Relationship management skills
8. Financial Transaction processing knowledge
9. Good oral and written communications (Spanish and English)
10. Experience in delivering strategies in the industry within South Cone
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.