Head of Products
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Head of Products for Philippines will be responsible for developing the respective country product strategy, providing the thought leadership and long-term design for the growth of credit, debit, prepaid, commercial and other payment products in the market. With a dual reporting line to the Head of Products for Southeast Asia and Country Manager of Philippines, this role will drive key performance indicators of cards, payments volume, market share, PCE penetration and gross revenue targets.
Another key focus is to lead the market’s digital payments agenda by identifying current and future products & solutions opportunities through deep client engagement, fintech/technology partnerships and awareness of technology/business trends influencing consumer behavior.
The ideal candidate should be a high-achieving leader familiar with a banker/issuer mindset as well as the digital and payments industry, however, those with a background in leadership of product & solutions in industries beyond financial services that are leaders in their field could be well suited to this role. The position will have significant interaction with other functions (Marketing, Merchants Sales and Acceptance, Government Relations etc) as well as Singapore hub-based teams across Digital Solutions, Merchant Solutions, Risk Products and Data Analytics.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Lead the Philippines product strategy including but not limited to consumer value proposition, product rules, pricing, system infrastructure capabilities and thought leadership materials
- Establish and enhance pipeline of product enhancements, developments and acceleration plans
- Manage and meet financial and business metric performance indicators for Visa products including revenue targets, operating expense budgets, CIF, payment volume, transaction volume and international cash
- Deepen engagement with technology and alliance partners and develop solutions / business opportunities that will provide value-added services to Visa clients in an effort to support new product launches, issuer customization, and activation and usage programs
- Drive the collaboration, co-creation and co-development with local Fintech players in close coordination with internal innovation and partnership teams
- Be actively involved in the implementation of issuer’s innovation agenda in close partnership with country and business development teams
- Lead and support the expansion of Visa technologies in alternative acceptance channels (e.g. Push Payments, Contactless)
- Manage country product team of 3 direct reports, by motivating, coaching, mentoring and supporting them to function as a high performing team
- As a member of Visa Philippines senior leadership team, exemplify teamwork and leadership qualities in supporting country’s critical initiatives
- Professional or Advanced Professional degree (e.g. BS, MBA)
- 15+ years’ experience in product management in retail banking, payments, finance, technology, or consulting industries in similar job functions
- Subject matter expertise in payment products with a digital-first mindset
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, and with cross functional teams
- Good analytical skills to assess the financial potential of new opportunities and existing business
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization
- Able to engage, influence and build credibility with management and key stakeholders
- Able to effectively balance strategic imperatives and executional considerations to achieve necessary results
- Coordinating team player and thought leader qualities
- Authoritative, able to build credibility quickly, excellent problem solving skills
- Executive presence and influencer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, tableau and Business intelligence tools
- Effective presentation style
- Strong teamwork skills and excellent collaboration skills