Senior QA engineer
- Bengaluru, India
Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity.
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the
best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global
vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a
global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our
VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and
businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of
cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working
with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial
services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics
and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout
the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people
around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong,
thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who
continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of
digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how
Visa is everywhere you want to be
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in the VISA Network
Processing Platform and Reliability Test Engineering team's automation and
functional Testing stream. This candidate for this position will be responsible
in delivering technical solutions for various application testing needs. This
position will be involved in designing internal tools for necessary
improvements for varied applications in scope.
- Perform quality assurance testing inclusive of unit, systems, integration and regression testing, and support the development of automated test scripts to be used to automate regression testing and
managing the overall test artifacts and test execution
- Test planning and Test strategy development using industry best practices
- Log software defects in the Visa standard defect tracking tool and work with development team on defect resolution Participate in design reviews to provide input on
- functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Participate in code reviews with team members.
- Provide support to User Acceptance Testing in terms of data set up and support activities.
- Perform walkthrough of QA test results with finance business partners on need base
- Developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Foster partnerships with upstream and downstream teams including system analysts, architects, developers, and product owners or clients to ensure alignment and consistency in reducing product risk
throughout the SDLC.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required
- 4+ years relevant work experience with functional and non-functional testing of applications and experience with unit test and test automation with such tools as Selenium, and/or Cucumber, Ruby.
- Experience with automation tools like Junit, TestNG,Cucumber, Selenium RC/WebDriver
- Hands-on coding experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages : Java/J2EE /C++/Python
- A passion for developing test oriented frameworks, tools, utilities and simulators/harness, ensuring superb code quality and manage code governance
- Strong knowledge of database query tools like DB2, SQL, MySQL, MongoDB and ability to write and
run complex queries for data validation
- Hands-on experience in testing and building automation suites for complex Web Based Applications.
- Strong understanding of Agile, Scrum, and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Prior Mainframe exposure is a plus
- Experience in payments or Banking Industries
- Experience in managing CI/CD and Build tools : Git, SVN, CVS & Maven, Gradle & Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience with Failure Injection techniques to validate the transactions based services against availability and scalability