Service Consultant - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Corporate Applications Service Consultant, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
The Corporate IT Application & Database Management Team are a service led team with responsibility for ensuring the availability and enhancement of Corporate Applications (Bespoke and COTS) and their Databases to customers based in the UK, European and International offices.
We also provide business knowledge, technical SME knowledge and resource for Corporate IT Projects.
The team are aligning with their global counterparts to move towards ‘Follow the Sun’ support for all global corporate applications.
The successful candidate will be required to supplement their existing technical skills by completing knowledge transfer for applications that are new to them.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide 2nd level support for Corporate Business Applications and associated SQL Server databases
- Effectively question user to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues
- Interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support
- Prioritize incidents and requests to assure all SLOs are meet
- Utilize all technical resources to solve customer problems
- Participate in service improvement meetings and works closely with other support groups on improving services and reducing incidents
- Work with Stakeholders to agree improvements then develop, test and deliver solution.
- Development of bespoke applications
- Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved issues
- Escalate software issues to third party providers as needed
- Maintain call records/logs and resolution detail utilising case management solution, ServiceNow
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions
- Installation of software as required
- Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other consultants/engineers on issues/problems and resolution
- Ensure compliance with Security Vulnerabilities, Security findings and Corporate TSRs
- Provide information for various audits and resolve any findings in a timely manner
- ATC for a number of supported apps
- Support Knowledge of all other supported apps
What we’re after…
- Manage own workload and priorities
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Experience of working in a high availability role such as Application Support, Service Desk, Deskside support, Server management or Network support.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ability to support, and explain technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile situations
- Effective problem solving
- Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimize downtime
- Ability to schedule and prioritize
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to assess, analyse and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams
- Technical writing
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.