Senior Systems Analyst (Application Prod Support)
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity o build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Production Support group prides in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. This person will work on Data Virtualization using Denodo and various Business intelligence applications via Tableau,MicroStrategy BI Platform. As part of the team – incumbent will be responsible for administration and supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, deployments, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation.
- Responsible for providing 24X7 Administration and Application Support and for Visa Business Intelligence /Reporting applications with strong emphasis on high service availability.
- Perform Denodo system administration duties such as deployment, system & DB backups, software upgrade and patching. Administer user and DB security permissions
- Debug migration issues, and performance tuning.
- Work with customers on business needs and requirements, and supporting internal and regional development and operations team to address data and service issues.
- Responsible for Tableau Administration
- Responsible for evaluating issues reported by the Developers, Business Users and providing ongoing solutions to ensure operational support structure and issues are being tracked for analysis, tracking and resolution, and proactive communication of issue status.
- Manage the enhancements of the Business Intelligence products along with performance improvement and tuning.
- Maintain proactive communication with the customer base to ensure successful delivery and effective use of information programs.
- Mentor and train support team members.
- Develop, document, and educate users and developers on policies and procedures.
- Code Deployments using Jenkins,etc.
- 8-10 years of MSTR Business Intelligence Administration and Software Development Life Cycle including production support and development experience, working with OLAP and reporting tools with large databases/data warehouses in a globally distributed team
- Experience using MicroStrategy suite including Desktop, Architect, Administrator, iServer, Web, Mobile, OLAP Services, Reporting Services and tools such as Object Manager, Integrity Manager, Command Manager, System Manager, Office, Intelligence Server and other components
- Experience in data virtualization using Denodo
- Good experience with ITIL, BMC Remedy and ticketing workflows
- Possess demonstrated ability to create and execute complex SQLs in a DB2 environment
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience working in Windows and/or UNIX environments
- Ability to research solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management
- Perform exports, backups and data extracts as required
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.