Senior Sourcing Analyst – Technology Sourcing – Core Systems Software Austin, TX or Foster City, CA
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Technology Procurement is seeking a Senior Sourcing Analyst to join its Software sourcing teams. In support of Visa’s internal technology partners, the two primary functions of this role are: (1) identify and negotiate cost savings and (2) negotiate contractual language. This role report to a Senior Director supporting one of Visa’s Global Software Categories. The position comes with the responsibility of managing a midsize portfolio of Visa software supplier relationships.
• Work with Software Category Lead and Visa Technology to establish the Supplier / Product Strategy for the assigned Software sub-category.
• Understand the Visa product stack, the suppliers within that stack, their licensing models, and effectively communicate these to Sourcing executives and Technology stakeholders
• Develop skills which aid in the ability to perform market analysis which ultimately support the Visa product stack and drive recommendations to the Technology teams
• This role supports Visa’s Network Processing, Issuer Processing and Core Systems Engineering and Operations, focusing on Core Systems Software
Sourcing Capabilities - Commercial & Contract Negotiations
• Negotiate and drive best-in-class deals for Visa. This is a strategic role and will include numerous mid-level enterprise-level engagements.
• Drive multi-vendor strategies to optimize Visa’s leverage and reduce operational risk. Effectively use RFX events to support Visa’s Technology organization.
• Perform savings tracking and report realized savings on a continuous base.
• Negotiates contract terms and conditions as a first line of defense, in partnership with Visa Legal.
• Help to make recommendations which further define Sourcing Strategies and develop effective communication skills which facilitate the delivery of those strategies to key business partners, Sourcing leadership and other stakeholders
• Build strong relationships with Technology business partners to drive Sourcing engagement
• Provide continuous written and verbal updates to the business partners, suppliers and other stakeholders on the status of deal
• Regularly update the appropriate executives within Visa deal status, category reporting, etc. This role will have direct visibility to senior-level executives across Visa.
• 3+ years of experience as a sourcing and/or procurement professional, preferably with a focus on software spend/vendor relationships.
• 3+ years of experience assisting in, or leading, the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Software category, including license models, key contract terms and emerging market trends
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into clear recommendations on course of action.
• Demonstrated technology agreement negotiation experience.
• Experience managing technology business users, including excellent relationship management skills.
• Ability to influence at an executive level both internally and externally.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as a team player.
• Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, and to offer new ways to approach old problems
• Undergraduate degree required, preferable in business, supply chain, economics, computer science or engineering related field.
Additional Information about Interviewing with Visa in Technology Sourcing
In Visa Technology Sourcing, we get technical fast. Our business partners demand it and we like to support them the right way! This is a highly technical, highly engaged role. If you apply and are granted an interview, you can expect the following:
· A detailed, onsite skills test, in which you’ll be given a technical problem and will be asked to model it in a spreadsheet and present an executive-ready communication about it.
· You can expect to be asked detailed questions about your background:
o If you’re a career Software person, expect to be asked about deals you managed, including the spend, the license metric, your strategy.
o Expect to be asked fundamentals about technology itself (i.e. – ‘What’s the difference in a CPU and a Core?’; ‘What are the advantages/disadvantages to perpetual versus subscription licensing?’).
o You’ll meet with technical business partners as well as Visa Sourcing execs to assess your sourcing and business acumen.
· Don’t let any of the above worry you! We demand a lot of ourselves and we like to be up front about what we look for on this team. If you’ve got the chops, we’ve got a role for you!
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.