Social Impact: Director, Micro and Small Business (MSB) Development (Bangalore/Mumbai)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
Behind the Visa brand are more than 9,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Visa recognizes that operating a successful company is about much more than delivering strong returns to shareholders. We strive to make a positive, and ideally transformative impact on the world, based on the belief that doing well can and should mean doing good, particularly for a global organization like Visa whose business is connecting the world to enhance financial inclusion.
Through our mission of helping micro and small enterprises thrive, we strive to be a catalyst for growth and positive change around the world. By harnessing our capital, our assets, our people, and our knowledge, we are focused on helping set millions of microenterprises globally on a path to growth. We see micro and small enterprises as the backbone of the global economy, and our goal is to empower these enterprises and improve their livelihoods, ultimately creating a ripple effect throughout their communities.
These efforts build on the strong legacy of social impact Visa has created through corporate giving, financial inclusion and financial literacy. We support broader community needs and humanitarian responses in times of crises, are committed to acting responsibly through environmental, social and governance and our more than 17,000 employees contribute to communities in meaningful ways through volunteering and charitable giving.
To date, we have achieved significant progress – in 2017 alone, we empowered 100+ million net-new cardholders, educated millions of consumers through financial literacy programmes, facilitated nearly $2M of employee charitable giving and 34,000+ volunteer hours, and announced a commitment to transition to 100% renewable electricity within two years.
However, there is more for us to achieve. We are embarking on a new, exciting era and expanding our team so we can move Visa towards becoming a global leader and influencer of governments, non-governmental organizations, and other for-profit companies.
· Work closely with Senior Director Micro and Small Business to support and manage cross-regional programs that help mass MSBs build resilience and thrive
· Support creation and management of partnerships with organizations (e.g., NGOs, delivery/technology partners, clients) that can help deliver programs targeted at small businesses
· Ensure solutions and partnership imbed social impact measurement within design and execution
· Assist Social Impact Regional Leads to execute programs targeted at their priority markets
· Responsible for developing and managing content and tools based on research efforts, internal and external sources, solution development efforts, etc. to help communicate the needs of mass MSBs and Visa’s approach to addressing these needs.
· Understanding of needs and challenges faced by micro and small businesses and how these differ by region/market
· Ability to manage complex global programs in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
· Self-starter. Comfortable working in a fluid environment. Agile thinker and worker. Always learning mindset
· Strong Microsoft Office tools and project management skills
· Passion for an ability to create social impact
· Knowledge of Visa and payments
· Bachelor’s required, Masters preferred
· 10+ years of relevant industry experience
Relocation is available for our Mumbai or Bengaluru office
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.