Senior Director Go to Market Deployment
- Singapore, sg
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Go to Market function is implementing a new program for in-market client-facing teams to sell more effectively, called the ‘sales motion’. This is a wide-ranging initiative incorporating changes to staffing and skill sets, skills development initiatives, full opportunity tracking linked to account planning, sales pipeline management and the measurement thereof, and finally variable pay linked to portfolio performance. The program will be implemented across select markets in 2019, with global rollout within the next 24-36 months.
The Senior Director, Go to Market Deployment is responsible for deploying the new sales motion design across one of Visa’s major regions, with a primary focus on either the EU or Asia Pacific. The Senior Director will be based full time in one of the two regions, and will be responsible for delivering against pilot market rollout plans and then for phased deployment across all markets in the applicable region. While running deployment in his/her region, the Senior Director is required to contribute towards the continued fine-tuning and improvement of the sales motion.
- Regular engagement with geography leadership and country management in region, to ensure effective implementation of GTM deliverables according to agreed timelines
- Internal networking across functions (specifically HR, Product, Client Services, MS&A, Marketing) to ensure alignment in region to GTM objectives and deliverables, ensuring active participation in the pilot process
- Clear, open and proactive reviews of the overall program and specific design elements with client-facing teams in market, eliciting feedback from country teams and responding appropriately
- Qualifying this feedback to regional and GTM leadership team to inform the pros and cons of selected approach, distinguishing between in-market variances and broader themes requiring appropriate action
- Proactive problem solving, bringing informed ideas on improvements to the program and proposing solutions to identified shortcomings early in the design review process
- Striking a productive balance between geography and functional objectives and constraints
- Structured approach to managing deployment of the program across multiple markets simultaneously, tracking and addressing the nuances of each individual country over the course of the implementation
- Minimum 15 years of experience in payments, with Visa-specific experience in Sales or a client-facing functional role strongly preferred
- Global perspective and awareness of market differences and commonalities
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to detail
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly in scenarios that are not well defined or structured
- Effective communicator, especially in teaching and influencing scenarios
- Experience leading or participating in change management processes where complex organizational change was successfully implemented
- Results-oriented individual who challenges the status quo in order to drive a culture of
- Proven ability to navigate a globally matrixed environment successfully, with evidence of ability to influence outcomes across functions and levels of the organization
(modeler of collaboration and influence)
- Process oriented, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team
work and external products brought to market
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Please note the location for this role is flexible. Successful candidates can be based in any major Visa office in the AP region. Singapore is preferred.
- The position requires regular travel within the AP region, and 2-3 trips per year out of region