Systems Software Engineer, Marketing Systems, Visa.com
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, fast-growing career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Marketing Systems team is looking for a Systems Software Engineer to come in and have immediate responsibility for maintaining the Visa.com infrastructure, Dev/Prod/QA environments and DevOps pipeline. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 6 years of experience in systems & software engineering. This is a great opportunity to make a huge impact and if done right the role will extend Visa’s brand, increase employee productivity and position Visa to be in a perpetual hackathon model.
- Implementing CI/CD pipelines for a dozen different marketing applications across an infrastructure of over 400 servers and VM’s
- Building and maintaining environments that leverage Adobe Experience Manager and other Java technologies
- Build out automated reporting dashboard for system and build health
- Security and log analysis and remediation skills, white/grey hat background, work closely with cyber security
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service level agreements
- Ability to write code and use automation to make your job more efficient
- High aptitude for learning new technologies and passion to do so-Knowledge of distributed systems
- You consider data consistency and availability tradeoffs when designing systems
- A knack for troubleshooting tough problems. Your high level of ownership and curiosity empower this skill
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews.
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- More than 6 years of relevant experience (e.g., Systems administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and support)
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering is required
- Experience managing enterprise CMS solutions
- Experience managing Unix and windows server systems
- Experience administrating web server (apache, IIS, others)
- Experience troubleshooting with firewall and general network (DNS, etc.) related issues
- Scripting/programming/debugging/automation/API integration skills (python, perl, java, shell, others)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline (Jenkins, Maven)
- Some combination of the experience with Splunk, Akamai, Gomez, Thousand eyes, Keynote, AppDynamics and/or Riverbed
- Experience with Docker preferred, but not required
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals. (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Demonstrated consistent and steady growth in career
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Meticulous and cautious. You identify and consider all risks, and balance those with performing the task efficiently
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.