- New York, NY, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The FX Manager will be responsible for the New York treasury operations primarily supporting the global Visa currency trading process, which is at the forefront of a rapidly evolving payments market.
- Execute foreign exchange trades based on daily analysis of cross border settlement volume, rate setting, engage with counterparties on all foreign exchange matters (front, middle and back office), back-up for FX operations and cover other aspects of daily operations
- Support maintenance of data related to FX operations and perform related reporting for management and other business functions
- Support the Global Hedging (cash flow and balance sheet) program
- Responsible for onboarding and testing new FX providers / new processes,
- SME for FX queries from business, monitors and manage issues with internal and external rate publication systems,
- Ensure colleagues in Treasury are appropriately trained and available to operate the FX platform as required,
- Focus on FX market developments and assesses potential applicability to / impact on Visa operations
- Responsible for all FX related SOX documentation and general procedures and assistance with all audit requests
- Analyze historical and forecasted FX trading information, perform statistical data analyses, and recommend new and / or changes to existing strategies and processes
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for the Head of FX and for Treasury; manage multiple initiatives in a dynamic environment; able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Develop subject matter expertise in Visa’s foreign exchange processes to effectively lead and manage complex cross-enterprise (Controllership, Tax, Strategy, Product, Legal, Systems, external third parties, etc.) projects that involve settlement, currency conversion and funds transfer
- Communicate effectively with all external and internal stakeholders
To be successful, you should have experience and demonstrated success in the following core areas:
- Corporate treasury, foreign exchange trading, capital markets and risk management strategy, product tools and processes
- Working knowledge of treasury systems, global payments and international funds transfers
- Proficiency with data analyses and data modeling using Reuters, Bloomberg, and proprietary databases and analytical/forecasting skills
- Proficient user of systems (MS Office, Visual Basic, Oracle, Treasury Management Systems, Electronic FX Trading platforms such as FXALL and 360t etc.)
- Background and interest in the consumer payment space; credit, debit, prepaid or similar products
- Liaison with other internal key Visa groups (Controllership, Tax, Strategy, Product, Legal, Systems, etc.) on FX initiatives; proven interaction with various levels of management across the organization as well as with external clients / third parties
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to retain clarity of thought and work efficiency under pressure
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, collaborating with and influencing key business partners and stakeholders
- Project management
- 5+ years of foreign exchange, treasury, capital markets, consulting, risk management and financial planning & analysis experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, sciences or engineering required; MBA or advance degree preferred
- Strong aptitude and qualifications for project management
- Highly motivated individual who cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff, both inside and outside of the finance organization, including developing relationships with banks
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, flexible with proven project management skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”