Finance Manager, M&A
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Corporate Analysis and M&A Finance team is looking for a highly analytical Financial Manager with a strong background in M&A transactions. Our team directly supports Visa’s CFO, President and other senior leaders with M&A transactions and strategic investments. In addition, we are responsible for analyses on key global business performance drivers, competitors and global pricing and incentives trends.
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious and hard-working professional who will be a key member of the team. This role will have significant exposure to business leaders across Visa and will participate in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of key M&A transactions, business drivers and financial results used by executive management. The ideal candidate will have significant M&A transaction experience and be interested in both transaction and FP&A-related projects. This position will be based in Visa’s San Francisco office.
- Quarterback Finance engagement and workstreams on M&A and investment activities
- Develop financial models to support mergers, acquisitions, and strategic investments
- Develop executive-level materials for CFO, Corporate Development and other senior executives
- Partner closely with Visa Corporate Development, Finance and other stakeholders
- Lead quantitative analysis to provide proactive insight into Visa’s business drivers and financial forecasts and results
- Identify cross-regional trends related to pricing and client incentives; determine implications and develop recommendations to improve pricing strategies/execution and deal terms
- Build strong knowledge of Visa's business through constant communication with partners across Finance and Strategy
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Previous M&A finance transaction experience including deal modeling, valuation and EPS Accretion / Dilution - ****Please note M&A experience is required ***
• Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
• Proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets
• Strong business acumen and commercial intuition required. Understanding of Visa’s business is preferred but not necessary
• Experience developing storylines and presentation materials which convey complex information in a clear and succinct manner
• Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
• Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
• High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
• You have at least 3 years in investment banking or related field with significant M&A transaction experience. Candidates with corporate development or management consulting will also be considered
• You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant financial analysis work experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics or
related quantitative field; MBA preferred
• You have a demonstrated track record of success
• You possess advanced knowledge in MS Excel and PowerPoint
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.