Director – Digital Partnerships & Prepaid
- Beijing, China
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with mobile, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships and investments with industry leading digital brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships & Prepaid is responsible for growing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
The Director - Digital Partnerships & Prepaid will support key Digital Partnerships & Prepaid within the group. The role requires an experienced sales Director capable of identifying and closing commercial partnerships with large digital and emerging Fintech companies in China as well as executing key account management and growth initiatives. Success requires working closely with a multitude of cross-functional Visa teams who help contribute to the growth of the partnership and the distribution of Visa’s products and capabilities. This includes closely aligning with the Regional Digital Partnerships & Prepaid and Fintech FastTrack team, Visa’s Core & Digital Product teams, Country Management and Business Development teams as well as other internal stakeholders such as Processing, Pricing, Legal, Risk and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense to map the market landscape, identifying partnerships opportunities as well as creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa’s Digital Partners and emerging Fintech partners.
Market Mapping & Analysis:
• Research industry trends and emerging themes in technology and payments that will shape the future of Visa’s business and support the development of a ‘point-of-view’ to inform stakeholders
• Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
• Perform other analytical tasks on an as-needed basis
Program and Partner Management:
• Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
• Support the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
• Support the regional Digital Partnerships & Prepaid team in developing the team’s strategy, and business development approach for the Chinese Market
• Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership that will position the Digital Partnerships & Prepaid team as best-in-class
• Work with senior team members and cross functional teams to support partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
• Support the evaluation of potential partnership opportunities for their strategic and financial value and providing business rationale and analytics in support of the opportunities
• Supporting engagements including commercial deals, alliances and opportunities from
inception to active discussions to execution
• Report to and interact with senior team to indicate the status of the partnership progress
• Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
• Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
In anticipation of Visa’s expected opportunity in the domestic payments market in China, as well as ongoing activities elsewhere in the region, the Director, Digital Partnerships and Prepaid, China will be responsible for identifying and implementing complex partnership opportunities as well as driving digital and e-commerce business development activities within the region. The role is to build strategic partnerships, alliances and other business development relationships with the most innovative, technology driven e-commerce, consumer and distribution networks in the domestic Chinese market such as Alibaba, Baidu, Tencent, JD.com, Meituan, Huawei and Ctrip. In conjunction with the Fintech Fastrack team, the candidate is also to develop scalable business development capabilities for the on-boarding and scaling of emerging FinTech companies in China. Key internal collaboration counterparties include: Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Cybersource, Risk, Finance, Legal and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
• A minimum of 7 years business experience within Visa or Payments related industry
• The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business knowledge and financial skills
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and ability to guide the relevant stakeholders
• Willingness to learn and ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple
disciplines and organizational groups
• Team oriented, Ethical, empathetic, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
• Bachelor’s degree required