Senior Director, Digital Partnership & Prepaid
- Beijing, China
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, banks and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities. We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone’s digital and mobile lives. At DDP, we are focused on creating smarter payment solutions that provide fast, easier ways to pay with mobile, web and other digital devices wherever you are – remote or proximity payment.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships and investments with industry leading digital brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships & Prepaid is responsible for growing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
The Senior Director, Digital Partnerships & Prepaid, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex partnerships. This role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The Digital Partnerships & Prepaid team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Cybersource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
• Support the Digital Partnerships and Prepaid executive team in developing the overall group strategy, specifically in your focus segment
• Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms.
• Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
• Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts
• Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
• Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
• Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
• Work with PM and cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
• Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
• Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
• Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
• Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
• Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
• A minimum of 10-15 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
• Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
• Multi-national experience
• Payments or related industry experience with product management experience a plus
• Strategic thinking and thought leadership
• Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
• Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
• Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
• Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible