Senior Director, Digital Partnership & Prepaid
- Beijing, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships and investments with industry leading digital brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships & Prepaid is responsible for growing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
The Senior Director, Digital Partnerships & Prepaid, is responsible for identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a large and complex partnerships. This role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The Digital Partnerships & Prepaid team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, Cybersource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
• Support the Digital Partnerships and Prepaid executive team in developing the overall group strategy, specifically in your focus segment
• Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms.
• Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
• Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts
• Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
• Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
• Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
• Work with PM and cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
• Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
• Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
• Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
• Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
• Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
• A minimum of 10-15 years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
• Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
• Multi-national experience
• Payments or related industry experience with product management experience a plus
• Strategic thinking and thought leadership
• Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
• Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
• Experience “managing up”, building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
• Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
• Executive presence; Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
• Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible