Associate Tech. Support Analyst
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
End User Services (EUS) group in Corporate IT is responsible for providing end user support to Visa staff. These include workstation (both physical and virtual), mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, workstation engineering, helpdesk services, and various other end user server solutions like Exchange, VDI and Endpoint security tools. The position of Associate Technical Support Analyst will join the team to support end-users and work closely with various technology and business groups to contribute towards our goal of providing best in class support. This role will be primarily responsible for deployment and support services for workstations, wireless devices, and voice & video equipment.
- Executive management support on all workstation, telephony, mobile related issues and requests
- Provide 2nd level support on escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
- Effectively questions user to collect and understand information regarding the problem they are experiencing and leads user through diagnostic procedures to identify, isolate and resolve source of problem.
- Analyze customer problems and formulates plans to implement to obtain resolutions.
- Handles problem identification, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for user problems.
- Interact with customers via telephone, e-mail, etc. providing technical support and problems solving abilities.
- Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLAs are meet.
- Utilize all technical resources to solve customer problems.
- Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved reported issues
- Escalate hardware repairs to third party maintenance providers as needed
- Maintains call records/logs and resolution detail utilizing case management solution Service Now
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions.
- Installation of hardware/software as required.
- Provisions and prepares workstations using standard images.
- Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment.
- Maintain 100% control of deployed assets by performing updates in Asset Center software relating to any changes in computer assets.
- Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on escalated calls and resolution.
- Coordinate and execute workstation relocation requests
- Work with other support groups, such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities.
- Hardware/Software installation and configuration.
- Good knowledge of Windows 10, MS Office 365 suite and Outlook.
- Familiar with Active directory, McAfee Security Suite etc.
- Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Experience in utilizing client remote control solutions & PC troubleshooting
- Microsoft Software troubleshooting.
- Setup, Configuration and troubleshooting of local and LAN printers.
- Skype troubleshooting.
- Experience with Apple & Google mobile devices.
Experience & Education
- 2-4 years’ experience as PC technician supporting over 200 users
- College degree is highly desirable.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency
- Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations
- Problem Solving skills
- Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technical writing/documentation skills
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams
Other Required Characteristics
- People-oriented/Team Player
- Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity
- Flexible with hours
- Goal seeker
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented
- A great listener